GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Surface
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Oil & Gasfuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today's toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a "fullstream" company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge - the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today's era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge - the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry's changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We're at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to
fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter@GE_OilandGas.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Gun Loader - Wireline
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Gun Loader - Wireline will be responsible for the loading and checking of gun systems that are used in district as well as maintaining of all paperwork associated with the explosives used in district
In the role of Gun Loader - Wireline, you will:
* Comply with all safety, health, environmental and quality Management System requirements, policies and procedures relevant to the position
* Lead on ensuring technical compliance with the HSE requirements of the Company's stakeholders, customers and regulators
* Ensure customer requirements are met according to jobs given to them by managers
* Understand different gun types and what is needed for the proper loading of guns
* Understand ATF rules and regulations for storing and handling explosives
* Be able to keep accurate inventory of all explosives
* Be able to problem solve perforating gun systems and implements to perforating guns
* Understand EB switch system and be able to load and fully assemble system
* Be responsible for quality control of all subs and associated equipment and use good judgment on all assembly aspects
* Maintain inventory of switches, o-rings and associated equipment for all gun systems used in district
* Takes new barrels, disassembles and prepares parts for loading
* Precut detonating cord, feed through wire and ground wire
* Install detonating cord and load charges
* Install feed through wire and ground wire to charge holder
* Install tube into barrel and install locking ring
* Ensure compliance with DOT and ATF guidelines
* High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution (OR Minimum 5 years of experience in gun loading within the wireline industry, in lieu of education)
* Minimum 1 year of experience in gun loading within the wireline industry
* Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
* Ability and willingness to work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
* Ability and willingness to be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
* Ability and willingness to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Ability and willingness to be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
GE looks for innovation everywhere.For 130 years, GE has been at the forefront of innovation, but finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the solution! Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Start your career on the right path.Join our results-oriented team at GE Oil & Gas today!
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.