HAE TBM - St. Louis, MO
Company: Shire plc
Posted: November 04, 2017
Reference ID: R0015560
The Territory Business Manager is responsible for the implementation of the strategic initiatives developed by the leadership team. The TBM will develop strong working relationships with all physicians within their geographic responsibility who treat patients appropriate for the Shire Rare Disease HAE portfolio of products. This entails the promotion of Firazyr, Cinryze and Kalbitor within approved labeling, to all targeted physicians and patient candidates. The TBM's primary objective is to identify providers managing patients with Hereditary Angioedema to educate those providers regarding the benefits of using our therapies with appropriate patients. Further, once an appropriate patient is identified by the provider, assist the clinical staff with the steps necessary to get the patient on drug. This may include areas such as reimbursement, proper testing, and site of care determination.
This position will be responsible for all business related activities within their geographic responsibility, including achievement of sales goals, business planning, and expense control. The TBMs primarily call on Allergy/Immunology specialists and with some interaction with other specialists and targeted healthcare facilities.
Candidates must demonstrate a consistent track record of success (Top 20% performance). President's Club or other top tier awards preferred.
• Biotech, biologics, and specialty pharmacy experience helpful. Complex sales model experience is a requirement. Rare disease experience is a plus.
• Must demonstrate strategic territory management success.
• Extensive travel is required
• Achieves and exceeds targeted sales forecasts and other objectives (i.e. market share) by demonstrating strong in depth clinical, technical and scientific knowledge in complex disease states.
• Establishes a leadership role and acts as a trusted advisor to customers. Displays the ability to lead "without title".
• Influence should be seen in groups outside sales group - managed markets, patient access, customer service, and marketing are examples of external departments.
Displays a high level of teamwork to assess and influence change while improving basics business processes.
• Highly self-motivated individual with evidence of a strong work ethic
• Business partner who understands Shire regional, national and global business issues and the impact at a territory level
• Independently builds a comprehensive strategic and tactical business plan, including specific measurable, action oriented objectives that are synergistic with corporate goals
• Business planning and execution against plan in major categories of patient identification, compliance and conversion
• Strong knowledge and understanding of reimbursement, distribution and managed care processes as well as previous experience in the facilitation of in-office billing processes for reimbursement
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities
• Demonstrates strong history of team work that has resulted in significant accomplishments within an organization.
• Functions well in relatively unstructured environment where relying upon previous experience is imperative
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Ability to identify and develop key thought leaders in given territory
• Previous history of individual and team successes
• Effective administrator who efficiently manages time, resources and workload