Company Overview Help us drive record-breaking, double-digit growth!
Imperial Supplies, a W.W. Grainger company, is a national distributor of quality maintenance products. Serving the fleet maintenance industry since 1958, Imperial has formed lasting relationships with customers by tailoring our services to meet their changing needs.
With more National Account Programs in the fleet industry than all of our competition combined, we are recognized for innovative technology and solutions that reduce costs through efficient ordering methods and stringent controls.
Under direct supervision is responsible for safe, accurate, manual packaging of product while meeting defined production standards within the Distribution Center. Assist picking orders and cycle counting using non-powered industrial equipment. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Package inbound material including assortment kit assembly using package labeling system and printers, automated packaging equipment, scales, tape guns, mechanical stapler, and shrink wrapping.
- Document packaging activity using radio frequency scanners and keyboard data entry.
- Maintain stock of packaging supplies at packaging stations.
- Pick orders on floor level of warehouse using non-powered industrial equipment.
- Assist with inventory cycle counting using non-powered industrial equipment.
- Partner with Quality Control personnel to ensure only authorized, quality goods are packed into stock.
- Observe all safety regulations and promote safe working habits.
- Maintain good housekeeping and work to achieve the housekeeping goals set forth by Warehouse Supervision.
Position Requirements: MINIMUM EDUCATION
: None required.MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
: General knowledge of distribution/ manufacturing operations.PREFERRED EDUCATION
: High school diploma / GED equivalent. Valid driver's license.PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
: 1 year of manufacturing or warehousing operating experience.SKILLS
: Average math skills. Effective reading and writing skills. Attentiveness to detail and accuracy. Problem solving ability. Demonstrated technical skills to operate within a light manufacturing environment effectively.TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
: Requires majority of the time standing and walking. Requires normal speaking skills, vision, and hearing. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and body dexterity to bend, reach, stoop, crouch, handle and balance. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
: Work is performed in a warehouse environment. Ability to work extended hours on a periodic basis.
- A competitive wage and industry leading benefits including immediate health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- Excellent work-life balance, 18 days paid time off plus paid holidays
- Generous profit sharing and 401K programs
- Education reimbursement and opportunities for internal advancement & professional growth
Imperial is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.