This position performs the routine duties of handling, packing, and casing product. The position will also regularly assist in line sanitation and production floor clean-up functions. The position is usually seasonal in nature. Therefore, in the event of either a temporary layoff or a reduction in the workforce, handpacking reductions will occur first within this group of employees.
Performing all job functions in the safety manner possible.
Performing all assigned steps in the production and packaging of product, including:
- Observing quality of product and notifying appropriate personnel of potential quality problems
- Ensuring compliance with all sanitary procedures and policies
- Observing and correcting product position to ensure safe and undamaged mechanical processing and/or wrapping
- Packing finished product according to count, assortment, and arrangement specifications
- Casing product cartons
- Other activities as assigned by supervisor such as: keeping work area clean, Perform duties of break person as required. Working Environment
Work is performed on the manufacturing floor. Potential hazards include proximity of moving machinery, chemical exposure, noise, or heavy lifting. The position may require an individual to stand, stoop, move equipment; bend, reach, or lift for prolonged periods of time. PPE includes safety glasses, hearing protection and sanitary safety toed footwear. Knowledge and Skill Requirements
· High School diploma or equivalent GED
· Ability to work various shifts and various times
· Ability to learn all functions of assigned production lines in a quick fashion, as dictated by the production rate of the specific line
· Ability to frequently lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Previous experience in a production environment and/or food production or handling is preferred
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.