- Must be able to accept and close out assigned tickets in an electronic work based ticketing system. - Must be able to communicate effectively with local and remote teams as well as off-shore support teams using voice and electronic tools. - Must possess problem solving skills to perform efficiently
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Candidate must be able to provide on-site Onsite technical assistance and troubleshooting (Hands & Eyes touch support) for remote Sys. Admins/technical support teams in the U&I Server / Data Center 24x7x365 support environment. The role requires walking and standing sometimes for a significant period. Must become Data Center HIPPA certified with 1st week on the job to obtain data center access.
Candidate must be familiar with server hardware and OS (Windows and Unix (Aix, Linux, or Solaris) to be able to successfully complete Tier 2 tasks such as
- Adding or removing hot-swap components
- Moving cables around for problem determination.
- Server Sun setting (Assist SA with specific tasks per a defined process).
- Resetting drives or memory in server
- Confirm network Connectivity (Assist SA with problem determination and verification process).
- System logs (Load, Verify and confirm system defect data).
- Initiate and drive action items in support of SA’s assuring CMI updates.
- Create System boot disk under the direction of SA’s.
- Upgrade disk drive capacity by installing new or additional drives.
- Assure timely delivery of system logs affiliated with outages to SA’s.
- Support during planned, routine style maintenance activities.
- Perform other tasks requiring a similar skill level and duration where the activity can be scheduled.
- Moving a client KVM to another server or system for client to perform remote troubleshooting and maintenance.
- General tasks associated with restoration of services including entering commands according to detailed instructions and relaying system responses. (under direction of SA).
As well as the following Tier 1 tasks as needed:
- Escorts Certified Engineers for repair break fix.
- Power Cycling (Reboot) servers working remotely under System Administrator’s direction.
- Create system Cd’s and boot disks for support.
- Check server health (determine if power lights / other error lights are on)
As well as the following Facilities infraructure tasks as needed:
- Daily facilities walk through to identify any abnormal activities or conditions
- Hands & Eyes support for the remote facilities team including visual confirmation/inspection of alarms and unexpected conditions. Work will not require any special access and will not entail any physical work beyond panel and screen observations and basic interface button interaction.
This job might be for you if:
- Should possess excellent teaming skills, be a quick learner, and flexible
and adaptable to the work environment.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.