Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: HARBOR MAINTENANCE LEVEL I MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
Entry level position with some skills in required areas of expertise. TECHNICAL:
- Read and write English
- 18 years of age or older
- Boating background helpful
- Must show an aptitude for basic mechanics, maintenance, and construction.
- welding and cutting experience
- Assist with all diving operations
- perform all needed construction and repair tasks involved with marina maintenance
- Assist with all floating structure moves involved with water level variations
- Be able to use basic power tools (grinders, impacts, drills, etc.)
- Assist senior maintenance workers in all areas of maintenance, repair or replacement of components
- Learn to operate and maintain boats and equipment
- Maintain work areas as required
- Attend training courses or seminars
- Learn how to use service aids
- Become familiar with required paperwork and recordkeeping.
- Ensure cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere of dock and work area at all times
- Perform repairs and maintenance on boats, buildings and docks
- Perform some plumbing Troubleshoot and repair major components
- Perform welding repairs
- Assist with construction projects when needed
- Trade Position employees must fully utilize all safety equipment, ensuring proper lifting, bending and carrying techniques are adhered to
- Understand all machinery, equipment and chemicals used
- Be aware of MSDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary
- Identify maintenance and safety issues and take the correct steps to correct them
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
- Maintain a positive attitude always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Exceptional customer service skills are needed when encountering guests to ensure a good positive representation of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas is demonstrated at all times
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule
- Report to work in proper uniform
- Other duties as assigned
- Supply own hand tools;
- Show desire to advance through on-the-job-training and service seminars.
- Prepare and train to become a certified diver
- Become knowledgeable in heavy equipment operation and care
- Learn basic boat handling skills
- General knowledge of all docking systems
- Proficient in basic welding and cutting
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid PA driver's license.
- Three (3) years in building maintenance trades.
- Able and willing to work in inclement weather.
- Working knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems and general carpentry.
- Full range of mobility outdoors, indoors, and in confining areas, using stairs, ramps, or ladders.
- Must comply with all applicable safety and local regulations, standards, and procedures.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.