Hardware Developer 5
Posted: October 29, 2016
Reference ID: 1600179J
SPARC Processor Development: Core Memory Group
- Research and development of embedded SRAMs for Oracle's state-of-the-art SPARC processors using the most advanced process technology
- Principal Engineer of the Core Memory Group is responsible for all memory designs including caches, register files, and CAMs
- Fully optimize designs for high-speed and low-power while maintaining highest quality standards
- Lead and mentor junior engineers throughout the design cycle
- Research and author SRAM design methodologies for state-of-the-art process technology
- Perform transistor-level circuit simulations and design trade-offs to deliver robust, process-tolerant high-yield silicon
- Optimize designs across all levels: micro-architecture, logic, circuit, layout.
- Lead detailed design reviews
- Perform formal functional verification, static-timing analysis, design margin checks, noise and EM/IR analysis
- Establish floor plannings and supervise layout progress
- Plan design schedules to achieve project milestones
- Collaborate across teams including architecture, logic, CAD, physical design, and layout teams
- Mentor and lead design teams to achieve project tape-out objectives
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive experience with entire memory design cycle in deep sub-micron processes
- Extensive experience with high-performance, area efficient, and low power nanoscale memory designs
- Extensive experience with process-tolerant transistor-level design
- Understanding of silicon debug process, especially for memories
- Thorough familiarity with industry design tools such as Cadence, XA/SmartSPICE, PrimeTime, VXL, Innologic, Verplex
- Experience leading teams of circuit engineers and supervising layout designers
- Excellent communication and people skills
Additional Recommended Experience
- Familiarity with basic programming scripts such as Perl, tcl, and SKILL
- Knowledge and experience with Place & Route flows
- Preferred MS degree in Electrical Engineering with 8 years of solid memory design and leadership experiences
Evaluates reliability of materials, properties and techniques used in production; plans, designs and develops electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, mechanical systems, equipment and packaging, optical systems and/or DSP systems.
Responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic, electro-mechanical or mechanical components, assemblies or integrated circuitry for hardware systems for the external market. Includes new design, as well as modification activities that results in significant product enhancement. Activities encompass design, analysis, testing and process development using engineering principles and methods. Technical disciplines may include electrical and logical design of printed circuit boards or integrated circuits; mechanical design of electronics enclosures or integrated circuit packaging; and embedded software/firmware design.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.