Oracle's Acme Packet products enable trusted, first-class delivery of next-generation voice, data and unified communications services and applications across IP networks for service providers and enterprises. The company's solutions are deployed by more than 1,900 service providers and enterprises globally, including 89 of world's top 100 communications companies.
These products are part of the Oracle Communications portfolio and enable customers to more rapidly innovate while simplifying their IT and network infrastructures. Service providers are expected to be able to differentiate and monetize offerings through secure and reliable IP-based communications from any device, across any network. We also anticipate enterprise customers will be able to more effectively engage customers, deliver more innovative applications, and improve employee productivity. This combination is expected to provide our partners with an expanded portfolio of world-class solutions to help them create even greater value for their customers. Main responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Lead teams responsible for defining system and hardware architecture for session border controller and SS7 products.
- Responsible for IC, board, and system level technology expertise; identification of new features and functions as they relate to new products.
- Responsible for front end concept material, requirements documents, and design specifications as well as hardware release scheduling and resource management.
- Responsible for the efficient transfer of product from engineering to operations.
- Responsible for engineering planning of new product introductions and production sustaining.
- Projects will span from compact, low power, cost-effective designs to high performance, high density leading-edge technologies.
- Will drive and interact with internal hardware and software design teams.
- Will participate in and drive multiple concurrent projects of varying levels of size complexity, using both internal and external resources.
- Expected to have authoritative and credible hardware development background, as well as experience developing or working with system and networking solutions.
- Effective managing local and remote product development teams.
- Will work with global development teams in Asia and the US.
- BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering. MS degree desirable.
- 5 years of experience in managing diverse teams focused on networking systems and hardware development.
- 10 years of experience in hardware design
- Competency in digital and analog HW design, including schematic capture, logic synthesis (Verilog/VHDL), layout, signal integrity and power.
- Some knowledge of:
o IA/X86-based computer designs, including CPU, memory, storage, and I/O subsystems, Ethernet I/O and switching designs, including high speed serial interfaces (
o Core IP and Datacenter network architectures,
o Layer 1/2/3 transport & networking architecture and protocols,
o HW configuration management tools,
o Switching & packet processing silicon and programming models,
o BIOS and Linux OS basic fundamentals
- Good understanding of HW design processes.
- Experience with presentation of design concepts
- Able to make good decisions and execute even when faced with ambiguous or missing requirements
Engineering management position responsible for a hardware development engineering group/team.
Engineering management position responsible for a development engineering group/team. Group activities may include responsibilities for designing, developing, modifying, verifying, characterizing, evaluating or validating, testing in the areas of integrated circuits, semiconductor process technologies, and semiconductor packaging, resulting in innovative products and services for internal or external customers and/or internal use which leverages new technology and advances Oracle*s competitive advantage in the market place. Serves as a liaison with customers/partners/vendors regarding design/product features, applications and/or new product introduction. May negotiate relationships with customers, vendors and partners.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.