IBM Systems has openings for design engineer interns to develop our hardware and semiconductor products. We are part of a world-class microprocessor development team that pioneer innovations for industry-leading hardware in IBM Systems including storage, OpenPOWER and System z Enterprise solutions.
These systems include world class Input/Output (I/O) virtualization, hardware based algorithmic acceleration, flash technology, and secure cryptography. This technology is the foundation for innovations in support of the cloud, mobile, and data analytic computing. Development engineers participate in various aspects of the development and test process including:
- System Architecture
- Digital Logic Design (VHDL (VHSIC (Very High Speed Integrated Circuit)
- Hardware Description Language)/Verilog)
- Pre-Silicon Verification
- Design Methodology*Device and Gate Level Circuit Design (Analog, Digital, Memory, SerDes)
- Very-large-scale integration(VLSI ) based Physical Design (Circuit, Integration)*Power Optimization
- Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) based Hardware Emulation
- Design for Test
- Post-Silicon Validation
- Processor Microcode Development
- System Performance Modeling
Candidates chosen to become a part of our world class development teams will help advance IBM's leadership to develop the highest performing computers and game changing hardware solutions. Do you want to be an IBM intern? Come THINK with us!