Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We’re working on cool stuff here! eBay is changing the way people connect and shop around the world. When you work for eBay, you become a part of a global company. What you work on here impacts the lives of millions every day. Hardware engineers at eBay develop innovative solutions and high quality products that touch millions of people every day around the globe. Our engineers solve some of the most complex technical problems in the world of connected commerce across all business units. We’re looking for the highest levels of technical talent and a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability. You’ll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry. You need to be dynamic, collaborative, and curious as we build new experiences that power the world’s largest e-commerce websites at a scale few companies can match.
eBay hires innovators who can push boundaries and change the world. Focus on groundbreaking ways to design, develop, and test computer hardware. Evaluate competing commodity technologies, such as hard drives, solid state media devices, and network products.
- Methodical. Be able to develop systems guidelines and requirements, as well as maintenance workflows and procedures that are exact and absolute
- Resourceful. Have the ability to do a lot with a little. Be able to aggregate information from various places and build relationships with key stakeholders to get the information you need
- Data Driven. Be able to use data to frame out and solve problems
- An analytical mind. Be able to analyze existing systems for inefficiencies and implement scalable solutions to reduce flaws and increase computer functions
- Testing design knowledge. Design quality test measures for a broad range of hardware projects
- A technical connoisseur. Have the ability to develop new designs and layouts with existing components in a way that enhances the computer’s capability
- A go-getter. Take on new opportunities, don’t shy away from challenges, and bring energy and enthusiasm to the office every day.
- Completed an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related major
- Strong applied experience.
- We’re looking for creative thinkers who also know how to create real-world products.
Available to work in one of the following locations:
- San Jose, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Brisbane, CA
- Bellevue, WA
- Portland, OR
- New York, NY
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.