Hardware Intern (Paid)
Company: Panasonic Avionics Corporation
Location: Lake Forest, California
Posted: March 19, 2017
Reference ID: 1112009963
Assist engineering staff to perform setup, safety check list, evaluate, test and troubleshoot engineering prototype LRU, circuit board assemblies and systems. Assist Engineering staffs to design and build engineering test boxes and test racks. Assist Engineering staffs to maintain lab areas and equipment.
• Assist engineering staff to perform tests to verify and characterize functionality and performance of circuits, circuit assemblies, LRUs and systems.
• Perform functional tests and troubleshoot engineering board assemblies and LRUs for engineering proto builds.
• Assist engineering staff to perform safety check list per QOP-22-02 (open and short tests, power consumption measurements, and ESD etc)
• Assist Engineering staffs to generate test procedures and test reports.
• Assist Engineering staff to design and build engineering test boxes and test racks.
• Responsible for house keeping the lab areas and maintaining lab equipment.
• Assist engineering to check board schematic and layout.
• Other engineering lab duties as assigned by engineering manager.
• Ability to plan engineering activities to perform assigned tasks.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others, take verbal as well as written instructions and communicate instructions as needed.
• Ability to communicate clearly, in English, both written and verbally to all levels of the organization as well as external customers.
• Learn to use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve basic and routine issues.
• Generally applies existing practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• College student with engineering major (Electrical or equivalent)
• 0-3 years' of experience in an engineering lab environment
• Occasional lifting of LRU weight up 35 Lbs may be required.
Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1700490