Hardware Program Manager Job Description
The Hardware Manager manages programs of large (possible global) scope, impact, and complexity through all phases of the lifecycle. This role manages interdependencies and integration among multiple projects, teams, and stakeholders and hold decision making authority at the program level. The Hardware Program Manager handles cross organizational programs of broad scope and high complexity or of broad scope and moderate complexity usually managing a core team that manages functionally specific teams.
Other Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Sets the direction for programs directly related to corporate policies or important business operations to meet strategic goals of significance.
- Leads the core team and guides performance of functional teams.
- Serves as the key interface with stakeholders and leadership internally and externally.
- Assigns overall tasks to others managing general areas of responsibility in support of program goals.
- Exercises judgment and discretion to develops solutions, remove obstacles and redefine approaches.
- Recommends or sets business strategies or corporate policies and deviates as appropriate.
- Oversees identification of tasks and research, dependencies, costs assigns resources, and communicates expectations to core team members.
- Creates/tracks/adjusts the program schedule.
- Assesses risks and identifies solutions to timely, efficient achievement of program goals.
- Ensures that quality standards and budget constraints are met.
- Ensures appropriate progress against schedule and takes remedial action as appropriate.
- Prioritizes utilization of resources with other functions.
- Influences business unit or cross-organizational strategies relevant to program goals.
- Uses advanced understanding of the technical concepts, architecture, systems, development methods, and disciplines associated with the defined program, and utilizes knowledge to accelerate project completion.
Required Skills/Experience B.S Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other relevant technology fieldd with 9 years of experience OR a Masters Degree 6 years of experience in Program or Engineering Management Expert in Program Management concepts and methodology. Knowledge of both HW and SW development concepts, and expert in HW program execution Preferred Skills/Experience Msters Degree in a Technical Field of Study Experience in working in large organization and meet challenging program goals A track record of successful delivery of complex programs within the semiconductor or cellular industriesInside this Business Group
Communication & Devices Group: The wireless revolution at Intel! We are one team - passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds working together to realize a world of connected computing. We are bringing the best ideas from the brightest minds to deliver future mobile experiences into the market. We are on the journey towards making Intel a wireless leader with exciting products for the Internet of Things, 5G and an opportunity to change the world with your work. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.