In this role, the person will be an expert in hazard communication and chemical regulations. The responsibilities will be to ensure compliance with global Global Health & Safety regulations, transportation and chemical regulations and company specific requirements. The person will critically review current, proposed and new legislation/regulations to identify potential issues, as well as promote and participate in advocacy efforts. Success in this role will require leveraging business relationships and influencing leadership and operations to support, communicate and drive the execution of current and future hazard communication programs as well as provide technical expertise, development, and supervision of hazard communication governance within The Coca-Cola Company. The role will lead projects and serve as an internal consultant on regulatory issues and decision making relative to hazard communication and chemical regulations. Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
Related Work Experience:
- Provide expertise to guide the business in finding solutions to hazard communication and chemical regulation compliance issues that affect our products, ingredients, and labels. Ensure information in Master Database related to hazard communication is accurate and current based on available information.
- Maintain a strong network of experts, government agencies, industry peers and other stakeholders needed to maintain a favorable regulatory environment for the company. Represent the company externally on relevant trade and scientific organizations.
- Influence, review and monitor new/changing global regulations so that leadership can be proactively informed of emerging hazard communication and chemical regulatory issues that are an impact to the business and identify strategies to address them. Interpret, assess business impact and implement new regulations as required.
- Partner with the business and internal manufacturing to identify needs to meet current and future requirement for hazard communication.
- Direct the activities of the team and provide leadership and motivation including coaching and mentoring team members.
BS with 10+ years related work experience, MS with at least 5-7 years related work experience; PhD with at least 3-5 years related work experience.
- Experience in the fields of hazard communication, Safety Data Sheets, and transportation classifications, preferably with a flavor/fragrance, consumer product or chemical company.
- Working experience with hazard communication regulations.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
- Communication Complexities
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Expert knowledge of Global Health and Safety regulations
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top