Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.**Hazardous Waste Specialist for the Seattle, WA Site****Experience with Hazardous Waste Manifesting****Class A CDL Highly Preferred** Do you have experience in the hazardous waste industry? Are you looking for a stable company to grow your career? Are you interested in joining a great team?
Then Waste Management is the place for you!
We are looking for individuals with experience in hazardous waste manifesting for our Seattle, WA hauling site.
********APPLY NOW!******** A Class A CDL is a real plus! I. Job Summary
Operates hazardous waste transportation vehicle (ie; Roll Off, End Dump, Tanker, Flatbed or Van Trailer) with skill and proficiency conforming to all rules and regulations required for a Hazardous Material DOT-Licensed commercial hauler. Safely operates a heavy-duty truck to perform assigned duties on commercial routes.
. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Hazardous waste manifesting.
- Operates truck safely in heavy traffic and other congested areas.
- Maintains a safe distance between other vehicles and always checks clearance before moving truck.
- Completes daily safety checks and routine cleaning of equipment (i.e., windows, mirrors, etc.).
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Performs minor maintenance including, but not limited to, checking and adding fluids, checking tires and safety mechanisms, and performs other maintenance as it relates to vehicle inspection or safe operation.
- Reports all maintenance problems to supervisor or other company official(s).
- Reports all accidents, illnesses, and injuries regardless of how minor they may appear to supervisor or dispatcher immediately.
- Reports all unsafe conditions or hazards, such as low wires, heavy traffic, narrow pathways to supervisor immediately.
- Reports all traffic violations to supervisor immediately.
- Operates hydraulic loading mechanisms on truck.
- Loads, unloads and transports Non Hazardous / Hazardous material in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures that load is secure prior to transport.
- Takes the shortest and most direct legal truck route to and from assigned work area.
- Does not make any unauthorized stops.
- Wears personal protective equipment (i.e., seat belts, gloves, work boots, safety glasses, etc.).
- Communicates and interacts with customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Reviews, signs and maintains appropriate copies of all tickets, trip sheets, shipment records and driver or vehicle maintenance logs.
- Attentive to DOT Hours of Service rules.
- Responds to emergencies that are within the scope of training.
- Cooperates with supervisor, co-workers, and works as a team member.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed site-specific job description.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Occasionally works alone when operating truck. In-depth knowledge of DOT rules and regulations required to efficiently perform work tasks.
- Skills in operating various equipment required in order to safely perform job.
- Must be able to manage time effectively in order to achieve goals and service customers.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education : None required.
Experience : Hazardous waste manifest experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Class A CDL.
The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
Hazardous waste endorsements.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Acceptable driving record required.
- Good reading, writing and math skills.
- No chargeable accidents within 12 months, or more than one accident in previous 36 months. Applicant must provide details in writing of any previous accident. This information must be verified through MVR/Corp background checks of previous employers to compare the details and determine accountability.
- All moving traffic convictions, both private and commercial, within the previous five years are considered.
- No traffic convictions involving driving under the influence, open intoxicants, reckless driving, speeding in excess of 15 mph over posted limit, or conviction of any crime involving the use of a motor vehicle.
- No more than three moving violations on record; none in past six months.
- No revocation, suspension or denial of driving privileges.
- No citation pending final disposition.
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 75 pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.