With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Under the direction of the Supervisor/Manufacturing Lead, set up, feed, operate, adjust, clear and perform all operator maintenance, not requiring a mechanic of assigned production or production support machine(s), to maintain quality of product or service, within specified range. Inspect for quality. Complete necessary paperwork for the batch record. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Operate assigned equipment per proper procedures.
- Supply equipment with appropriate materials.
- Keep equipment clean and clear blockages to keep machine running.
- Ensure manufacturing equipment has necessary supplies and materials for the operation.
- Report quality deviations to Lead Person/Process Monitor. Perform run changes and line clearance.
- Record reject count and production quantities as required.
- Maintain work area in neat and orderly condition.
- Adhere to all safety and good housekeeping regulations.
- Work in other areas as needed.
- Document all information necessary to complete batch record.
- Perform equipment challenge.
- As required, help maintain process material/product on the production line.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Manual dexterity.
- Good communication skills with the ability to read, write and understand job language in English.
- Use of small hand tools.
- Ability to react quickly to malfunctions.
- Basic mechanical and computer aptitude.
- Must be able to perform basic math functions, including ability to compute percentages and averages involving decimals, fractions, pressure and temperature.
- Must be able to compete report forms.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least six months related production experience. Up to 3 months on the job training.
- Must successfully complete the HDH II testing criteria
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.