Home Depot Interiors is responsible for the sales and marketing of premium kitchen and bath remodeling products along with a Home Organization product line. The In-Store Promoter is responsible for the marketing of these programs within Home Depot stores they are assigned to generate sales leads for Sales Consultants and Sales Managers. In-Store Promoters will also attend store events and home shows as requested.
This is a part-time, entry level position requiring an outgoing personality and excellent customer service skills, and the first step to a career path in sales and/or marketing with Home Depot.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 75%-Meets or exceeds established productivity goals by generating kitchen refacing and bath leads. Approaches customers within the store and introduces them to our business, pre-qualifying the customer and arranging for a free in-home consultation. Provides accurate product information to the customer
- 10%-Work with Home Depot store associates and management to maintain a positive working relationship.
- 5%-Set-up and break down a store display in locations that allow it and help maintain the selling center with needed brochures and materials
- 5%-Attend store events and home shows to promote the HDI business to attendees
- 5%-Other job duties as assigned by manager
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Branch Marketing Manager
This position has no Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 years
Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
- Knowledge or experience in the home improvement, retail or telemarketing field.
- Ability to travel to various locations based upon business needs is preferred by not required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with flexibility of style to reach multiple audiences.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Good presentation and selling skills.
- Ability to initiate conversations with customers and accept possible rejection
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!