Home Depot Interiors is responsible for the sales and marketing of premium kitchen and bath remodeling products along with a Home Organization product line. The In-Store Promoter is responsible for the marketing of these programs within Home Depot stores they are assigned to generate sales leads for Sales Consultants and Sales Managers. In-Store Promoters will also attend store events and home shows as requested.
This is a part-time, entry level position requiring an outgoing personality and excellent customer service skills, and the first step to a career path in sales and/or marketing with Home Depot.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 75% - Meets or exceeds established productivity goals by generating kitchen refacing and bath leads. Approaches customers within the store and introduces them to our business, pre-qualifying the customer and arranging for a free in-home consultation. Provides accurate product information to the customer
- 10% - Work with Home Depot store associates and management to maintain a positive working relationship.
- 5% - Set-up and break down a store display in locations that allow it and help maintain the selling center with needed brochures and materials
- 5% - Attend store events and home shows to promote the HDI business to attendees
- 5% - Other job duties as assigned by manager
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Branch Marketing Manager
This position has no Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 year
Must continuously stand or walk. Could require lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
- Knowledge or experience in the home improvement, retail or telemarketing field.
- Ability to travel to various locations based upon business needs is preferred by not required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with flexibility of style to reach multiple audiences.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Good presentation and selling skills.
- Ability to initiate conversations with customers and accept possible rejection.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!