The HDI Measure Technician will perform the primary functions of job site pre-installation measures, confirming the Sales Consultant quote prior to any product being ordered for all HDI products, including but not limited to kitchen cabinets, bath liners and home organization. The Measure Tech will spend most of the day commuting between job sites and stores, measuring, performing job inspections and participating in activities designed to build connectivity with stores. The Measure Tech will also assist in training and developing new associates on how to effectively measure for a job. In performance of duties the Measure Tech will uphold THD Values through all interactions with customers, associates, and service providers.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 70%- Measure jobs sold for accuracy in order to ensure correct product is ordered. Responsible for meeting/exceeding performance standards related to timely measure, communication with customers and voice of the customer.
- 20%- Collaborate with service providers and Installation Manager to communicate on daily activities, manage workload and services as needed. Maintains safety standards at all times.
- 10% - Spend time in Home Depot stores building relationships, establishing connectivity and recognizing associates.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position reports to Installation Manager.
- This position has 0 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 years
Most all of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
Home improvement or remodeling experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:Strong Customer Service Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Measuring/basic math skills
- Installation trade knowledge
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!