Working at the world's fourth-largest retailer mixes the best of many worlds: cutting-edge technologies meet real business needs meets real customers who spend billions of dollars across our stores in North America.
What is it like to work at The Home Depot QuoteCenter?
We were a startup once upon a time and much of our startup culture still exists: the agility of a small operation, the impact that comes with being a leader in our industry. Our team uses the latest technologies to build new products that facilitate 9-figure project sales at The Home Depot. We invest proactively in our people. The mission of the QuoteCenter product team is to radically reimagine the shopping experience at Home Depot utilizing the latest data tools and web technologies. We are searching for a Business Analyst who is passionate about translating business and technical requirements into solutions. The goal of your efforts in this role is to leverage data to create merchandising programs that streamline the sales process for our associates.This is a full-time permanent role located in Vancouver, Washington.
We are seeking someone who has a knack for linking numbers to business opportunities, and who can effectively communicate with and influence stakeholders. Degree in business or similar field required. Experience in Tableau (or other analytical software), SQL, project management a strong plus.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
20% Plan and lead all phases of a project's life cycle (i.e. feasibility, design implementation, evaluation); this includes extracting the business need; defining the business requirements, understanding the impact on the business, and designing and carrying out the project(s)
10% Serve as liaison between merchandising and finance by facilitating meetings including both departments
10% Mentor other analysts in developing/honing business knowledge and analytical skills
20% Service as a subject matter expert and perform research and/or analysis within assigned projects
20% Multi-task to work on 2 to 4 projects simultaneously, recommending process improvements and making final project recommendations which impact the business
20% Establish and report on metrics of assigned projects to gauge business value
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to a director-level position within merchandising
No direct reports, however, the position will be required to mentor others who have the need for assistance
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about.
On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Ability to collaborate with management, product strategy and product development teams on vision, strategy and program design.
- Work with stakeholders, users and subject matter experts to gain a functional understanding of the application, document business knowledge, collect and prioritize requirements.
- Determine operational objectives by gathering information from subject matter experts in the following areas: product development, product strategy, operations, field, and store associates.
- Become an expert on current and new product categories and deliver recommendations, strategies, and processes for new programs.
- Optimize current programs based on industry trends and management objectives.
- Data-driven approach to prioritization and manage product roadmaps in an Agile SDLC.
- Ability to complete project plans that identify key issues, approaches and performance metrics.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones.
- Experience developing complex technology solutions and performing analysis on feature requirements against system capabilities.
- Experience communicating and delivering content to external parties.
- Ability to recognize and proactively manage the appropriate content and interactions for dealing with third parties.
- Ability to prioritize tasks/objectives with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- History of documenting expectations in clear and presentable format.
- Experience with various applications and tools, including JIRA, Visio, MS Office, Powerpoint, Excel.
- Knowledge of SQL, relational databases, and various analytics tools.
- Clear and articulate communication style to partner collaboratively across multiple departments with a consultative approach to assess and solve business problems for internal and external customers. You must build cross-department relationships to further business requirement definition.
- Must be successful in a team environment and drive collaborative work initiatives.
- Able to be successful in a more ambiguous role with targets and goals that change frequently.
- Retail industry experience preferred, not required.
- Experience analyzing and visualizing data through BI solutions (Tableau) a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
Strong project management skills, including strong process orientation, ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
Good communication skills, including ability to interact with officers, also needs the ability to negotiate and persuade
Strong analytical skills and general understanding of technical concepts
Ability to establish priorities and procedures for accomplishing work within established deadlines; ability to handle multiple projects and manage toward deadlines and deliverables
Proven leadership skills, including a willingness and ability to be a mentor
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!