Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Senior Director, located in Cambridge, MA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Janssen Human Microbiome Institute (JHMI) has the goal to accelerate the translation of the exciting science of the microbiome into innovative products in multiple therapeutic areas. In support of this goal the JHMI is seeking an accomplished leader to join the JHMI team as the Head of Microbiome Discovery Research. Janssen Pharmaceuticals is the only pharmaceutical company that has strategically dedicated an autonomous team like the JHMI towards delivering microbiome healthcare solutions to the market. Reporting to the Global Head of the Janssen Human Microbiome Institute, this person will be responsible for following:
- Developing and executing the JHMI’s research strategy to enable the progression of JHMI’s portfolio and pipeline
- Build a strategic vision for an approach to research that involves both the development of world-class capabilities as well as assembling an internal and external team capable of conducting high-quality experiments and analyses on microbiome data
- Research topics of interest include but are not limited to metabolic disorders, immune-oncology, and select auto-immune disorders
- Apply creative approaches to facilitate the translation of data to insights (e.g. disease mechanism-of-action; identify, characterize and validate microbial leads)
- Identify and cultivate meaningful collaborations between teams of developers, scientists, disease experts, and members of the JHMI network
PhD in microbiology, microbial ecology, genomics, biochemistry, bioinformatics, molecular biology or other related life sciences field required
At least 8 years’ post-PhD experience applying advanced research methods required
Human microbiome lab experience is required
Computational biology and web lab experience is preferred
At least 5 years with a strong track record of leading a diverse, inter-disciplinary research team(s) with direct reports
Ideal candidate will have held a leadership position in a Biotech, Pharmaceutical, or a recognized academic lab
Expertise in applying computational tools for NGS data analysis is preferred
Genome-wide genetic, genomic, pathway and network methods are preferred
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.