We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
Responsible for all Program/Project management and delivery, Solution Architecture and standards in compliance with IT Governance, and IT budget at Business Unit level; Contributes to improvement / optimization of the IT governance processes; Responsible for ensuring the alignment of the Strategic Information Systems Plan with local business priorities and executes plans; Manages key relationships with senior business partners; Identifies new business and efficiency potentials as trend scout of future customer needs; Represents G-IT in the definition and delivery of IT services and programs to the local Business Unit; Responsible for local ASP retained staff including maintaining necessary knowledge capital; Manages local relationship with outsourcing partners and their performance and services. Essential Job Functions
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Direct, own and execute on recommendations agreed upon by the business unit on items around product roadmap, standards and system configurations.
- Guide team to ensure timely delivery of new products and features utilizing best-in-class technologies and agile development methodology.
- Lead and drive analysis, design, roadmap and implementation plans based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
- Partner with architects and engineering teams to define, design and implement customer interfaces.
- Participate in technical presentations and info-sharing sessions to create a clear and uniform understanding of the new systems to various constituents.
- Provide guidance and lead resolution of technical issues as they arise.
- Direct, execute and support the needs of strategic roadmap and Blueprint activity.
- Oversee and create roadmap documents, coding standards, process documents.
I deal candidate is one that has a broad/varied background, and is a senior leader who can build a strong team, define strategy and vision for the group, while executing well. Requirements
- Leading teams of at least 15 - 20 consisting of Developers.
- Experience leading large production applications and new development efforts.
- Experience building teams from scratch and managing existing teams.
- Large budget responsibility.
- Previous well-rounded background consisting of hands-on requirements analysis, design and development experience required.
- Technical environments can include heavy Microsoft /.Net technologies as well as Java application development, not required.
- Should be familiar with application development with IBM Websphere and MQ
- Experience with service oriented architecture or micro-services frameworks.
- Must have experience in developing applications in an Agile methodology.
- Experience implementing an Agile methodology from a waterfall process is a plus.
- Experience with a Document Management platform a plus.
- Looking for a self-starter, quick on their feet and has experience guiding both technical and organizational change.
- Must excel in the execution of key initiatives and day to day tasks as well as building relationships across the business.
- Must have experience guiding teams within the Microsoft/.Net/SOA arena and have a broad background to include prior hands-on experience in requirements analysis, design and development.
- This person will report to the VP of IT and will analyze the current Development Methodologies to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvement.
- Experience managing contracts with our suppliers as well as creating supplier contracts.
Special Skill Requirements
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering required; Master’s Degree in Engineering or MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a leadership/management role in software development within matrixed, complex organizations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with modern software engineering practices - Agile, Continuous Delivery, DevOps.
- Ability to do a mix of people management, technical leadership, and hands on development, and to effectively balance how much time to spend on each to maximize overall team effectiveness and productivity.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively to all levels of the organization, including executives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply process, architecture and software engineering principles, methods and tools to business challenges.
- Demonstrated successful delivery of software products in a managerial/leadership capacity.
- Preferred experience with current mobile, web, cloud and Big Data technologies.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local language.
Level-2: Able to take part in meetings and discussions and give information about own area of expertise, able to compose memos, simple letters and short texts.
Internal Title: Account Executive II Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
A little about us: