Shire is searching for a highly creative and results oriented individual to enhance and drive our talent brand strategy. The Head of Employment Branding will be responsible for ideation, development, and implementation of all employment branding efforts, enterprise-wide.
• Working closely with the Shire Talent Acquisition leadership and Global Communications teams, you will be responsible for defining and delivering our global talent brand strategy:
• Develop Shire's Employment Value Proposition (EVP) as the foundation to target top talent
• Using EVP as the foundation, refresh Shire's messaging across our Career site and other online/social channels where we seek talent including LinkedIn, Indeed, Glassdoor, our Employee Referral Program, etc. ensuring consistency of brand messaging
• Ensure all messaging is aligned to corporate brand messaging and wherever possible leverage any collaboration opportunities with Global Communications, Diversity & Inclusion, product marketing teams, etc.
• Manage Shire's Careers website, ensuring optimal candidate experience and site optimization for SEO and mobile
• Enhance and lead Talent Acquisition's social media recruitment strategy and action plans to engage diverse, passive candidates through platforms such as LinkedIn and Glassdoor. Work specifically to expand Shire's social media following across key channels
• Create and assist in recruiting teams in the execution of candidate engagement strategies for key functions/ candidate profiles through robust talent community management.
• Create written content that maintains a consistent tone and style while incorporating key brand messaging, inclusive of both electronic and print media
• Monitor social media channels and actively listen and engage with talent communities
• Work closely with Diversity and Inclusion to drive enhance diversity recruiting strategies across the organization
• Develop media plan including appropriate mix of advertising to drive top talent organically to Shire (i.e. use of LinkedIn, Indeed, Glassdoor, niche sites). Will be primary point of contact for Shire's media agency.
• Monitor key brand engagement metrics to provide meaningful insights and trends to inform new recruitment strategies and tactics. Demonstrate results of brand initiatives with data and metrics.
• Engage the organization and help create and execute a strategy of developing strong internal networks of Shire Employee Brand Ambassadors. This may include a developing educational content for employees and managers to understand how they can become a brand ambassador as well as how to enhance their own social profiles.
• Assist in the evaluation of Shire's participation in industry and networking events.
Education & Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 5+ years of experience in Communications or Talent Acquisition, with 2+ years supporting employment brand initiatives
• Proven track record of identifying, testing and launching new programs
• Global experience required- understanding of how to create a global brand that can also be localized/configured by markets and functions
• Demonstrated experience successfully leveraging social media platforms, optimizing paid platforms and using their latest promoted products
• Experience with industry leading recognized monitoring, measurement and engagement platforms
• Google Analytics experience a plus
• Exceptional planning and execution skills
• Innovative and creative thinker who can engage multiple target audiences. Strong communication and tech-savvy presentation skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.