Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. is recruiting for a Head of
Global Diversity & Inclusion Enterprise Strategy and North America Region
located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united
the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and
science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the
health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family
of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a
billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70.1 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the
world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care
products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer,
pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more
than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately
126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people
every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company
culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to
inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Head of Global Diversity & Inclusion Enterprise Strategy
and North America Region position provides transformative leadership to drive
innovation within the D&I space. The
position ensures the new, transformative Enterprise Diversity & Inclusion
strategy is developed and pulled through / implemented in a consistent manner
around the world. This position ensures
unique regional strategic insights are identified and built into regional
Diversity & Inclusion strategies, where appropriate. This position provides Diversity &
Inclusion expertise to HR and Line Leaders and ensures their direct reports do
the same with the intent to deliver outcomes.
Leading a team of regional leads this position is also responsible for
development of enterprise-wide programs to drive outcomes in strategic focus
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide transformational leadership to drive innovation within the
- Develop and implement enterprise-wide strategic programs (e.g.,
relationship capital) aligned to the D&I strategy (e.g., inclusion
- Partner with the head of Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Work
Life Effectiveness, and Leadership & Learning to drive attraction and
retention of multigenerational, racial, gender and globally diverse talent to reimagine
the work place of the future
- Leverage global D&I data and insights, external benchmarking,
human capital analytics and insights from key business partners to develop a
global D&I strategy
- Create strategy to build a culture of inclusion
- Development of Enterprise Diversity & Inclusion strategy
(advance our culture of inclusion and innovation; build a diverse workforce for
the future; enhance business performance and reputation)
- Regional and top 2-3 key country leadership for pull through of
the enterprise D&I strategy. Make the enterprise D&I strategy
- Provide strategic insights to influence the enterprise-wide
strategy based on regional differences (e.g., external influencers and external
and internal/cross-sector workforce trends and potential shared strategies to
- Member of North America Regional HR VP leadership team.
- Create sense of urgency and influence around building a culture of
inclusion and driving innovation and growth in our business
- Consult/partner with Regional/Country HR Leads to drive common
approaches across the region (e.g., strategy to better develop and leverage
ERGs and Diversity Councils, regional communication strategy/tools, build HRBP
- Consult with HR and business leaders on implementation of
enterprise strategy and programs via regional D&I leads (e.g., metrics and
accountability; sponsorship, inclusion, relationship capital, unconscious bias,
regional D&I Advisory Boards; serve as a coordination point
cross-country/sector/business; thought partner for regional/country HR
- Develop and lead change management associated with driving the new
strategy throughout the organization.
- Inspire and motivate direct reports and hold them accountable for
delivery of outcomes.
- External benchmarking for best in class approaches to D&I in
large global organizations.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience required. Experience operating globally preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of people management experience required.
- Knowledge of external offerings (learnings, preferred vendors,
data, studies) is preferred.
- Global and regional Diversity & Inclusion knowledge is
- Global business knowledge is preferred.
- Experience shaping and implementing strategy is required.
- Business mindset – internal and external, and analytical mindset
- Comfortable handling ambiguity and fluid situations; demonstrating
a pragmatic approach is required.
- Ability to challenge the status quo is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including
presentations is required.
- Ability to collaborate, connect and influence executives and
senior leaders is required.
- A sense of urgency and ability to deliver outcomes is required.
- Ability to lead change in a complex, matrix environment is
- Up to 30% international travel is required.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.