AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology
is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.The Head of the Hematology Franchise, Sales and Marketing
reports to the Vice President of the US Oncology unit of AstraZeneca. The Franchise Head will lead all aspects of commercial activities, inclusive of marketing strategy/execution and field team/promotion, for the Hematology portfolio in the US, including the launches of late-stage development products, acalabrutinib and moxetumumab in a variety of hematological malignancies. The position provides the leadership, intellectual impetus and sense of urgency to develop and execute the Hematology Franchise business plan to achieve revenue and earning objectives and to maximize the overall Oncology commercial promise. The position has full P&L responsibility for the US Hematology Franchise.
Additionally, the Head of the Hematology Franchise be responsible for fostering cross-functional alignment of the sales organization with marketing and managed markets teams to create a disciplined, ambitious and collaborative business. Focusing the organization on launch execution and delivery, with a drive and passion for winning and will have a broad sales and marketing toolkit to make the adjustments needed to allow the team to operate at peak performance. The Hematology Franchise Head will have full responsibility for the US hematology sales force and brand marketing teams. The successful candidate will have experience with and demonstrate the following capabilities:General Manager Acumen:
- Financial Acumen: Experience with revenue forecasting, expense management, business case development, including setting market price and management/communication of brand performance. Working knowledge of the business of oncology and regularly communicate performance updates/forecasts to senior leadership.
- Stakeholder Alignment: Track record of strong cross-functional collaboration and experience gaining stakeholder alignment to move key initiatives forward. Gain alignment on critical issues/initiatives hold cross-functional partners accountable, including across Oncology Franchises (Immuno-Oncology, Women's Cancer, and Lung Cancer).
- Leadership & Talent Development: Proven track record of attracting and developing diverse teams and optimizing team performance in direct and matrixed leadership roles. Experience in defining organizational size, structure and capabilities based on long term business objectives for both Sales and Marketing. Ability to establish clear Hematology Franchise vision and purpose and communicate it with passion and authenticity to the organization to shape culture.
Experience leading development of hematology/oncology brands and/or hematology/oncology strategies which are founded on clear customer and market insights. Experience working in and/or leading customer facing roles, preferably in the US market. Able to serve as thought partner to Hematology Global Product and Portfolio Strategy team and brand directors to define the development of future strategic direction for the franchise and communicate vision across all stakeholder groups. Strategic Clarity & Messaging:
Successful experience in working in the unique space we would like to own in the mind of our customers (HCPs, patients, payers); and translating clinical and economic benefits into a compelling message platform.Scientific Acumen:
Comprehensive understanding of the hematology/oncology space as well as the clinical profile of our brands, oncology and competitor products (current & future) to shape lifecycle planning and management and interact meaningfully with scientific community and patient advocacy groups.Commercial acumen and delivery:
Focuses on delivering high-impact opportunities at scale by implementing customer-specific approaches. Experience in building as well as shaping markets.Right touch insight:
Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive innovative approaches around building a culture of continuous learning to understand why customers behave as they do and what they value.Marketing and Sales:
Background in the US marketDevelop a Great Place to Work:
Able to actively engage, inspire and create followership of diverse teams. Engenders trust, empowers team and has courageous conversations. Makes fair, impartial and informed talent decisions. Ability to assess and implement changes to franchise go-to-market model including size & structure of both sales and marketing teams. Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Seasoned pharmaceutical/biotechnology executive with 15 years of experience and proven leader with sophisticated general management, strategic marketing, and sales management skills with a solid track record of accomplishment
- 5-10 years of oncology experience
- Must have a solid scientific foundation
- Demonstrates strategic and tactical abilities in developing and successfully implementing a comprehensive commercial plan
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a keen sense of what it takes to get the job done; strong operating skills and a sense of urgency with strong collaboration and cross functional partnership
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- Experience in hematology (leukemia, lymphoma, and/or myeloma) markets strongly preferred
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.