Description Intuit is looking for an innovative Compliance Officer to provide strong leadership over its licensing programs and be a strategic thought partner to business teams. The ideal candidate should have in their arsenal of experience the design, build and execution of end-to-end compliance program for financial services, with a focus on money movement, across multiple states, business types, and across multiple products and services. The ideal candidate should also thrive on strategic, tactical and innovative compliance development, management and direction, execution, and oversight that enables our company's growth, protects our brand, grows customer confidence and commitment to our products and services, and empowers new and innovative ways to help our company and our customers succeed. Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Leads the licensing compliance function with development, implementation and continuous improvement of policies and compliance procedures, training, driving and maintaining standards and strategies of financial services licensing compliance program.
- Ensures policies, procedures and processes for compliance execution, sustainability and reporting are established and effectively executed commensurate with Intuit's licensing risk profile, regulatory requirements of federal and state agencies, and business impacts.
- Establishes strong process for regulatory engagement, exams and audit, including federal and state licensing agencies, building confidence in our ability to manage and comply with licensing requirements.
- Partners with process owners, business leaders and key stakeholders to develop adequate remediation plans and other action plans to address issues and audit findings.
- Develops licensing as a strategic advantage for Intuit in product innovation with defined and proven ability in successfully navigating the regulatory environment.
- Serves as leader in clearing path for licensing new products and services in all states.
- Responsible for evaluating new products and services in early stages of design and development, and provides guidance on applicability of money transmitter licensing requirements, and alternative approaches to design that alleviate the need to engage in the licensing process.
- Serves as primary Compliance point of contact for MTL products and services MTL licensing requirements and execution, including ongoing and ad hoc regulatory reports, etc.
- Partners business and process owners, Product Development, Product Management, Internal Audit, and other functions to enable design, build and implementation of sustainable systems, controls, processes and testing in the Product compliance environment.
- Proactively keeps business partners current on new and developing financial products and services enabled by state and federal licensing.
- Supports SBG Compliance Legislative Change management lead in tracking of regulatory changes, in developments and in trends in the industry and related fields of impact, to keep standards, policies, procedures and processes current and effective.
- Builds and maintains a network of relationships with business partners, and executive leaders.
- Develops reporting that communicates status and effectiveness of licensing compliance, providing status updates and reporting to senior and executive management, board of directors, and other executive committees, as required by policies and procedures or as otherwise mandated.
- Ensures licensing compliance metrics are indicative of health, and uses management reporting to evaluate effectiveness of the program; provides licensing related advice to business leadership and staff on a regular basis.
- Establishes processes for, and reviews and understands, reporting that provides evidence of health of compliance, potential gaps, and trending risks to enhance abilities to minimize the potential for financial losses, increased legal or compliance expenses, and reputational risk to the organization.
- Bachelor's degree required. JD desired.
- 10+ years in compliance program development, implementation and sustainability in financial services. End-to-end program documentation, identification of critical controls with corresponding metrics, and program assurance.
- Regulatory relations, including direct engagement with regulators as lead representing company, routine and ad hoc reporting and communications, exam direct engagement as lead.
- Leadership in design, development and deployment of multiple financial products and services
- Demonstrated leadership experience, including management of compliance teams comprised of highly experienced compliance professionals. Ability to unleash talent and foster an environment that enables teammates to do the best work of their life.
- Direct compliance experience in consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Reputation for integrity, and transparency with regulatory bodies, and ability to balance business partnership with the need to exercise independent judgment and to raise issues in a timely and constructive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through collaboration, trust and influence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven skills in leadership, including strategic planning, and organizational skills in a large global organization.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with peers, senior management, business leaders, and executives to accomplish shared goals.
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple programs in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and significant time pressures.
- Proven ability to communicate, collaborate and manage relationships with high-level internal and external stakeholders, and with regulatory and external independent review entities.
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Compliance Manager Senior Compliance Manager Senior Global Training Leader - QuickBooks Global Voice of Customer Experience Leader - Small Business Group Principal Technical Program Manager, GRC See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.