Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Global Treasury (GT) is responsible for overall balance sheet management including credit, interest rate, and liquidity risk management. The Global Liquidity Risk Management (GLRM) team is part of the Global Treasury organization. GLRM's purpose is to monitor, analyze, communicate, and influence business decisions as a result of liquidity risk.
The Head of Liquidity Quantitative Analytics will report to the Head of Global Liquidity Risk Management and be responsible for quantitative modeling and analytics to support all projects and groups within the function.
Description of role
• Oversee the development of statistical models to quantify various business measures in support of liquidity risk management including deposits and various other liquidity risk factors
• Work with key stakeholders to ensure appropriate buy-in and business support
• Create model technical documentation and work with Model Validation, Audit, and other governance bodies in order to approve models for deployment
• Work with the information technology group to document business requirements and ensure methodologies are accurately implemented into production systems
• Engage with regulators to communicate and justify approaches
• Project-based role which supports all functions within Global Liquidity Risk Management, including liquidity stress testing, intraday liquidity, liquidity regulatory compliance, and deposits / funding needs
• Sample projects include: building a new operational deposit model, forecasting intraday liquidity needs, designing and calibrating liquidity metrics and limits
• Manage a team of approximately five reports
5+ years of experience in financial services, liquidity background or experience preferred
• Strong quantitative aptitude/skills and experience modeling complex financial concepts (e.g. SAS, R, Matlab, SQL, Stata)
• Expertise in managing a team of quantitative individuals and ability to management projects to deliver results in short timelines
• Strong communication skills and ability to explain complicated quantitative topics to business unit stakeholders
• Dedicated to high-quality output, with focus on building models with sound business intuition and data
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.