Visa is one of the top 50 most admired brands in the world. It is recognized as a leading employer and can be found on the lists of: The World's Most Innovative Companies, The World's Most Respected Companies, The World's Most Ethical Companies, America's Best Employers and The World's Most Valuable Brands , to name a few.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.Job Description
Reporting to the vice president of corporate communications, the vice president for North America communications will lead a team to execute strategic external, internal, and client communications for the United States and Canadian markets.
This leader will be part of the North America management team, as well as Visa's global communications leadership team, with responsibility for driving Visa's reputation across U.S. and Canadian stakeholder groups, including clients, employees, regulators, and other influencers. This leader will define the communications priorities that will enable Visa to achieve its stated goals for this region.
These responsibilities include:
- Lead and execute strategic, proactive, and reactive communications for the North America region that aligns with the global communications efforts and positions Visa as an innovative technology company driving economic growth among North American clients, merchants, and consumers.
- Lead and execute strategic, proactive and reactive client communications globally, alongside sales and business executives, to help maintain and grow positive relationships with Visa's global clients - including financial institutions, merchants and other payment ecosystem partners.
- Ensure key announcements, milestones, and business issues are communicated to clients and sales teams effectively and in a timely manner.
- Communicate the value of Visa, in coordination with the global communications team, using a diverse set of programs that include external media relations (including traditional, digital, and social), employee communications, client communications, executive communications, public affairs, corporate responsibility, events and crisis management.
- In coordination with the media relations and public affairs teams, establish and manage appropriate trade and business, consumer, media relationships and respond to inquiries related to rules, pricing, and acceptance etc.
- Work across the organization, and across the communications function, to ensure North America messaging, positioning, and narratives are consistent, for all audiences.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with sales, sales leadership, and client support team partners; serve as a key source of information and communications liaison for sales and client services teams.
- Provide end-to-end strategic and tactical communications support for internal and external events in North America, including content curation and development.
- Act as the voice of North America communications across the company.
- Undertake special projects as needed.
- Ensure all programs have clear goals, metrics, and a measurement approach that fosters continuous improvement and return on investment.
Results-oriented leader with at least 15+ years of experience in roles of progressively increased responsibility, and a proven track record in managing corporate communications efforts in a comparable corporate structure which generated measurable results across a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to translate company strategy and financial performance into clear and concise messages that engage audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate messages through stories in a compelling, visual manner.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about digital and social channels.
- Track record of building strong relationships, trust, and confidence with senior leaders, as well as with prominent influencers and stakeholders, including the media.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Financial and budgeting skills.
Execute on Commitments
- Effective team leadership skills through the use of influence and inspiration to achieve desired results.
- Creates clear strategic priorities for the business and aligns resources accordingly.
Collaborate Across Boundaries
- Establish a goal-oriented culture and continually raise the bar for organizational achievement.
- Ensure a culture of cooperation and relationship building at every level of the organization; build and continually revisit organizational structures that best support a culture of collaboration.
- Execute decisions with the goals and vision of the company in mind; act as a representative of the company brand both internally and externally.
- Encourage creative risk-taking and innovation, acting as a sponsor as needed to turn ideas into actions.
Execute on Commitments
- Provide in depth, one-on-one coaching to enable others to achieve excellence in their performance and maximize their potential; recognize and reward leaders who are effective coaches.
Additional Information Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
- Create an environment where accountability is expected and valued.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, technology is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics, NFL and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of more than 11,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.