The Head of People Strategy Integrated Solutions assembles and leads a cross functional team to implement multi-year, enterprise wide people strategy initiatives (eg fostering rewarding careers). The initiatives are grounded in the people strategy and are selected by the HRLT as part of the annual strategy planning process. Direct Reports
Co-ordinator Key Business Partners
BMS LT and HRLT members; HR Business Partners; TWI People Services lead; Total Rewards; Head of Talent Acquisition Strategy and Capabilities; Head of Growth and Development; Head of People Experience and Engagement; People Strategy integrated solutions lead. Detailed Position Responsibilities
- Partners closely with HRLT and TWI leaders to identify the prioritized people strategy initiatives and secure the commitment and funding to implement them
- Builds project charter and assembles a cross functional team to execute one prioritized initiative, usually over a multi-year period
- Sets up project governance, infrastructure and reporting to effectively execute and measure the impact of the prioritized initiative on the performance of BMS
- Leads all aspects of the initiative with a particular emphasis on outstanding communications and change management to ensure the full benefits are realized and embedded in BMS
- Ensures a close linkage with all other HR processes and projects to embed the new approaches/ways of working are fully integrated into the broader HR eco-system
- Constantly scans the external environment and has strong relationships outside of BMS. Is seen as a thought leader and brings best practices to BMS
- Develops and articulates clear metrics which demonstrates the return on investment of each dollar invested.
The ideal candidate is an experienced OD/change/talent professional and has a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a fast-paced, complex, large global organization at the enterprise level.
He/she must possess and demonstrate a solid track record of hands-on leadership experience in as many of the areas outlined above as possible, preferably with experience working and living outside of his/her home country. Ideally, this individual will bring a blended background which includes time spent within the life sciences sector as well as other industry sectors. He/she is driven, has executive presence, solid business acumen, and the ability to quickly assess the internal and external environments to develop solutions that support the BMS business strategy, critical objectives, and cultural norms.
A talent mindset and change mindset and enthusiasm to partner coupled with the ability to drive and to turn concepts into action that deliver solid return on investment is highly desirable.
The incumbent is experienced at leading multi-year enterprise wide initiatives with an emphasis on effective change management. This role requires a player/coach, demonstrating strategic broad-minded thinking while collaborating and working hands-on with a team at a granular level. The incumbent must demonstrate agility and swift pace in developing and building a strong team and to ensure the right capabilities and resources are in place to deliver solid and sustainable outcomes aligned to the business strategy.
- 15 years experience as a human resources, OD, change and talent management leader in companies known for best-in-class strategic HR and talent programs and results. Preferably, the incumbent will have previous experience of leading an enterprise-wide people projects within a large-scale global organization.
- Demonstrated skill in partnering with business leaders, and human resources colleagues through strong communication, collaboration, influencing skills, and business acumen.
- Strong team player who can work closely with key stakeholders at all levels in the organization and contributes to the on-going development of the larger Bristol-Myers Squibb workforce and organization.
- Conceptual/theoretical capability in scoping and envisage impactful enterprise wide projects, with a strong understanding of external best practices in OD/change/talent
- Strong leader who is able to inspire a team, set a high bar, and get results. Not fearful of demanding the best while rewarding great achievements, encouraging risk-taking, and developing/building the team with the capabilities to deliver against high standards today and in the future.
An undergraduate degree in Industrial & Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Management or relevant discipline is required; an advanced degree in one of these disciplines is strongly preferred. Knowledge, Skills and capabilities
- Understanding of the underpinning science of organizational design, change and project management and how they can be translated into effective initiatives
- Strong matrix leadership & collaboration to work effectively with partners within BMS and externally
- Consulting skills to effectively diagnose critical issues to address
- Shows clarity of vision. Is able to assess needs, set ambitious goals and inspire others to move in a well-defined direction. Maintains a line of sight on the critical objectives in the face of change. Fluidly navigates a dynamic organization and stays on course.
- Manages an effective external network external partners to support the design and delivery of the learning curriculum.
- Thrives under pressure. Comfortable delivering to tight deadlines and is energized by the opportunity to solve complex problems. Manages diverse stakeholders with ease, and brings a calm sense of purpose to his or her direct reports.
- Puts patients, team and company first. Operates without ego with the ultimate goal of helping patients prevail over serious diseases and unfailingly supports colleagues, peers, and team.
- Unyieldingly committed to raising the talent bar. Pushes self and leaders to develop and attract best-in-class performers, and never settles for mediocrity. Establishes performance standards and expectations that enable people to stretch to their highest potential.
- Demonstrates integrity and an impeccable value system on a daily basis. Can be counted on as a leader, a trusted advisor, a coach and role model. Demonstrates and establishes a high ethical standard across the business.
- Energizes and inspires others. Brings a positive approach to every endeavor and motivates others to go above and beyond expectations.
- Excellent judge of talent and ability to grow and develop individuals and teams. Is able to identify and attract talented individuals to BMS and invests in both individuals and the team to build a world class function.