Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Job Description
- Global Head of Product Management and Business Development is responsible for working with the business heads to define the global strategy, vision and development priorities
- Ownership of the product roadmap and execution and implementation of the product vision
- Develop Product Strategy working alongside business heads to meet 2018 and beyond growth targets and adherence to Corporate Goals
- Ensure that the business has the right product management structure to operate effectively
- Drive implementation and tracking of new business opportunities along with the business head
- Develop and monitor the strategic business plan, vision and budgets for the business unit in line with corporate goals.
- Possess deep FX market knowledge and understanding of market trends. Drive product innovation to maintain competiveness, client satisfaction and increase market share and generate new revenue streams. Ensure global business revenue, expense and risk excellence targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure the development and enhancement of the execution platforms, liquidity management and management information to ensure compliance with highest risk excellence standards and Regulatory compliance. Work closely with Corporate and Control functions.
- Close client relationships and great industry experts/bodies relationships.
- helpdesk to ensure that product development risks for the Trading platforms are understood and minimized
The Scope of the role's managerial responsibilities
- The competence of the staff reporting into you
- Ensure that your team has clear understanding of their reporting lines, authority levels, scope of responsibilities (including those delegated to them and those they delegate), objectives, training and competency requirements plus progress is reviewed regularly in line with Company policy, and are regulatory registered where appropriate for their role.
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, developed and supported.
- Establish and monitor systems of control, delegated authority and escalation procedures so that the business complies with internal policies and external regulations and can be managed effectively.
- Adhere to the delegation and oversight (management information and escalation) framework in the performance of daily tasks. This includes taking proactive action to ensure there is adequate protection of management information, that it is fit for purpose and issues are raised as appropriate.
- Establish and monitor an effective delegation framework to ensure that tasks are performed by staff members with appropriate capacity and authority level (based on knowledge, skills and competence).
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework to ensure that issues are appropriately identified, escalated and resolved.
- Establish and nurture a culture of 'Risk Excellence' within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Ensure you make reasonable decisions by exercising reasonable care when considering information available to you.
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members' behavior in performing their roles.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your own and staff behavior.
- University degree
- A natural leader
- Aptitude for, and common-sense approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Superb communicator with clients and all levels of internal staff
- Financial aptitude - ability to formulate, understand and manage budgets
- Great people managerial skills
- Ability to drive through key initiatives
- First class product knowledge and understanding of the FX trading business.
- Proven record of setting and delivering strategic change and increasing efficiency globally.
- Excellent relationship manager across the business and industry.
- Awareness and understanding of changing legislation especially in the US and EMEA.
- Influencing skills - ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders and business leaders inside and outside the business.
- Commercial acumen - detailed knowledge of the economic drivers of the business and how the business can position itself to take advantage of opportunities and minimize threats to revenue.
- Ability to install discipline when allocating resources to improve business efficiency.
- Results orientated - capacity to prioritise, stay on top and quarterback a wide variety of business initiatives internally within the firm and also externally with industry bodies, exchanges, clearing houses and regulators. Often this will require leading from the front and taking the initiative to improve structure, direction and prioritization over the global objective.
- Effective communication skills with an ability to switch seamlessly from strategic thinking to detailed analysis depending on subject and audience.
- Appreciation of cultural differences globally.
- A person who exemplifies risk excellence and owners mindset
- Adept at managing multiple projects/initiatives (strong attention to detail and the ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Courageously challenge
- Ability to drive change
- Great team skills but must be a self-starter and have ability to work under pressure
- Great liaison skills with customers and all levels of internal staff. Proven people manager
- Great communicator and motivator. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels across the organization
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.