Are you excited about brands like Magnum, Ben & Jerry’s, Grom, T2, Talenti, St Ives, Axe and Pure Leaf? And are you keen to work within a very entrepreneurial and international environment?
You can be the key player in bringing alive an excellent brand experience for our customers in the Unilever Retail stores. Unilever has 1200 retail stores across 9 brands around the world, and has a clear vision to triple this amount of stores by 2020. You could be a part of highly entrepreneur team by reporting directly into the Vice President of Global Retail Operations (GRO), by leading the operations for existing and new stores and build the retail fundamentals. JOB PURPOSE AND MISSION
We are looking for a strong retail leader to manage all Unilever’s retail operations across the USA. You would be responsible for the end to end process – from leading the existing and the new store openings – from development till implementation and the execution of the opening of new stores. A successful candidate is someone who has strong multi brand operations experience, knows the USA market in and out, and has the ability to lead cross functional teams and manage senior stakeholders effectively. You are the leader to build the retail expertise and strategy for the USA market, while leading the implementation of change for the existing and new store opening (opportunities) KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Retail Operations for the USA - under leadership of Global Retails Operations team.
- Lead the end to end process from idea to execution in store – including execution and management of existing and new store (openings) (incl people)
- Works cross functionally and with key stakeholders from all around the globe to execute flawlessly in the USA market
- Lead a cutting edge strategy and be always ahead of the competition – by understanding the retail market, trends and competition and implement changes to be always future proof
- Lead and own the budget – reviews, controls and implement changes required to ensure full ROI on key drivers for growth
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A RETAIL leader with strong multi site operations experience on all retail facets (from strategy to execution in store)
- Deep understanding of the USA retail market
- A strategic thinker, with a very ‘hands on’ attitude and ability to execute in store seamlessly
- Exceptional leadership capabilities, especially strong ability to lead in ambiguous and fast moving and changing environments
- Strong financial acumen and demonstrated ability to manage profitability.
- Experience with working cross-functionally, and cross culturally on global scale
- Strong project and program management skills.
- Strong change management skill; ability to formulate change management strategies and lead cross functional teams effectively
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
STANDARDS OF LEADERSHIP
- Growth mindset: take the lead, positive yet realistic attitude, challenging the status quo
- Consumer and customer focus: externally focused leadership on consumers and customers
- Bias for action: speed and sense of urgency in making decisions, with intelligent risk-taking
- Building talent and teams: trust, recognition, development, challenge and feedback
- Accountability and responsibility: delivering KPIs, holding everyone accountable including yourself, cooperating and helping each other to succeed
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Masters of Business Administration highly desired
- 10 years of increasing level of responsibility within Retail management as a strong leader and experience with multi-site operations
- Broad exposure and understanding to all functions within the business.
- Strong US market experience
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .