McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Head of Social Media Marketing
To help bring our brand promise to life, we’re looking for a savvy, passionate Senior Director, Social Media Marketing who is looking to be part of something groundbreaking.
This right candidate (you, maybe?) will be primed and ready to differentiate Capital One through new and emerging channels and knock our digital marketing strategy out of the ballpark. You’ll introduce our brand to new audiences, digitally expand our sponsorships and TV creative, and engage with key industry players like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn—always curious for what’s next. As a Senior Director at Capital One, you will not only lead a lean-forward team but you will also be responsible for building a vision for social at this company and influencing senior executives across the enterprise to build social into their work.
Sound good so far? Here’s what you’ll bring to the table..
- Seasoned marketing leadership (corporate, agency, consulting)
- The drive and curiosity to lead our brand into uncharted territories
- Rich experience driving social media marketing for big brands
- An irresistible passion for storytelling and a digital DNA
And we’ll bring something, too..
- A vision-forward company that dares to dream, disrupt and deliver a better way
- An opportunity to break new ground for one of the most innovative challenger brands in the U.S.
- A fresh, authentic brand personality that puts the customer first
Your day-to-day responsibilities..
- Lead a team of 15-20 Brand associates who manage relationships with more than 20 internal stakeholder groups
- Drive the enterprise social media agenda across a portfolio of brands
- Further define and implement a social media center of excellence model
- Drive content marketing, publishing and moderation across enterprise assets on key platforms. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.…)
- Develop a pipeline of go-to-market campaigns supporting business objectives
- Bring to life enterprise marketing within social media, mobile and other digital channels
- Oversee the creative marketing process, agency management, and a multi-million-dollar budget
- Manage the paid media strategy for the enterprise, leveraging best practices, learnings and new tactics and ideas as needed
- Define the social media customer experience, ensuring target and brand promise alignment
- Own enterprise social media policies, standards and interaction models
- Embrace test-and-learn innovation, ensuring we’re early to market on emerging platforms
- Assess effectiveness of social and digital marketing initiatives and investments; influence investment decision makers with formal recommendations and informal networking.
We’ll also need you to..
- Keep abreast of market forces and trends to identify potential challenges and opportunities short and long term
- Work closely with the market research team on customer, competitive, and industry tracking related to marketing strategy
- Use research tools to guide idea or concept evolution, and ensure that market research results in actionable insights
- Lead cross-functional teams, and manage input from stakeholders, including Marketing & Analysis (P&L owners), Creative Development, Operations, Legal, PR etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 12 years of digital marketing experience in consumer or small business products and services
- At least 3 years of social media marketing experience
- At least 5 years of leadership experience
- A Master’s Degree in Marketing or Master’s Degree in Business
- At least 12 years in marketing corporate, agency or consulting experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.