This person serves as the leader of the evaluation of the Alpha One and MMN market environments and is responsible for translating them into a strategic plan for the US market.
The scope of responsibilities range from aligning strategic initiatives to developing vision and strategy for GLASSIA, ARALAST, and GAMMAGARD for the MMN indication. The role requires an individual that can build and lead teams both in one's span of control, and through many disciplines including but not limited to sales, global marketing, supply chain, medical, legal,, and regulatory. Excellent execution skills as well as brand leadership experience are needed. Strategic thinking and creative problem solving are essential for this person to be able to work both inside and outside the organization to effectively be able to show results. The person in the role should have the ability to understand market trends, financial data, and customer needs along with the assessment of competitive intelligence data. Also needed is the ability to develop and execute strategic brand plans and pull them through into all elements of the marketing mix. Most importantly, this person should be a leader and work to develop a strong high performing team within his/her direct organization and within over a dozen different disciplines. In addition, the Director will:
• Deliver on flawless and expedient execution in the US market through cross-functional team leadership and strong collaboration.
• Execute on brand strategy and positioning within the A1 and IG neuro market.
• Lead a cross functional team that is dedicated and focused on the strategic imperatives set forth in the A1 and MMN brand plans.
• Continually prioritize the external Opex to maximize resources that provide the highest return.
• Partner with patient services team to ensure we optimize the One Path platform
• Own budget tracking for all marketing spend and must be at +/- 5% of commitment on a quarterly basis (or cadence determined by finance)
• Ensure that all compliance guidelines are instituted on each material developed and the appropriate process is followed without exception as noted in Shire's Code of Ethics.
• Accountable for the performance of GLASSIA, ARALAST, and GAMMAGARD MMN in the US and delivering on the organizations expectations. Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Lead the team to develop and finalize US brand plan to provide strategic direction to drive key tactics.
- Develop and deliver A1 and MMN marketing strategies, plans and budget recommendations.
- Ensure cross-functional engagement of the commercial strategy and direction
- Ensure product strategies are translated into clear goals and objectives for all members of the organization.
- Develop relationships and interact with cross-functional team members, and provide customer insights and patient centricity into all decision making,
- Continually assess performance management of the A1 and MMN business and ensure quick resolution based on lead indicators.
- Accountable for elevating key issues and driving decisions, with the expectation of quick escalation to SL when necessary.
- Lead, manage and coach direct team to improve overall skill set and growth and development (manage individual performance
- Clear the path for team on key initiatives (including work with CMLR, medical affairs, legal, etc.)
- Create a high performing team culture that inspires purpose driven performance transparency in sharing information, honoring commitments, sharing opinions openly, keeping confidences and unity around shared decisions
- Build and foster meaningful relationships and interactions with cross-functional team. Ensure alignment of strategy and communication.
• Demonstrated success and outcomes in cross-functional leadership roles in pharmaceutical development and / or commercialization
• Track record of strong strategic thinking, coupled with effective implementation.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies Lives the Shire Leadership Principles:
- Country level experience in the U.S. is a plus. Strong ability to understand both internal and external market environments.
- Ability to convert strategy to action.
- Strong business acumen and proven leadership in driving business objectives in a matrixed environment.
- Experience in driving differentiation and an expert knowledge of marketing fundamentals
- Background in strategic planning
- Proven ability to develop a brand plan and flexibility to think in different scenarios
- Ability to select/evaluate talent and mold an effective team
- MS/BS in science or business required; Advanced degree a plus
- Eight to twelve years progressive marketing experience with demonstrated record of success in driving product sales.
Positive, Accountable, Results-Driven, Excellent Manager
• Entrepreneurial mindset to enable impactful leadership in a mid-size structure; identifies opportunities and continuously seeks solutions that capture and increase the value to patients and to the organization.
• Effective and inspiring leader who mobilizes the organization, identifies solutions and delivers against goals. Complexity and Problem Solving
This role is responsible for strategic A1 and MMN marketing direction and informing all decisions regarding messaging, strategy, budget spend, and developing talent within the organization. Decisions affect the success of the US commercial organization. Internal and External Contacts
Internal Contacts: Immunology Senior Leadership Team, Commercial Operations, Functional leads in Market Access, Medical Affairs, Health Economics & Outcomes Research,, Market Research, Finance, Patient Services, Regulatory Affairs, Advocacy, Communication
External Contacts: KOLs, key agencies and vendors, Patient advocacy groups, AlphaNet. Other Job Requirements
Approximately 15-20% travel.
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.