• Support successful implementation and operational effectiveness of GMA strategic projects and business objectives
• Facilitate communication within GMA and across functions to coordinate responses to critical requests of the GMA organization
• Optimize GMA business process and ensure consistent and compliant operational practices
• Lead GMA integration work streams to drive implementation of change management, operating models, and values in alignment with corporate culture
Support successful implementation and operational effectiveness of GMA strategic projects and business objectives
• Operate as a senior level operations liaison and thought-partner on a variety of strategic initiatives, ongoing internal deliverables, and special projects
• Provide operational and communication support to the GMA Leadership to enhance goal clarification, engagement, and organizational efficiency
• Provide tactical leadership in the areas of project/program management, workforce transformation and planning, logistics, and administration
• Coordinate and oversee consultant (i.e. McKinsey, Campbell Alliance, etc.) driven work streams supporting GMA strategic projects and business objectives
• Track progress on GMA priorities scorecard, key strategic initiatives and aid in driving internal alignment
Facilitate communication within GMA and across functions to coordinate responses to critical requests of the GMA organization
• Coordinate key leadership team meetings across GMA and support continuous implementation of the GMA governance model and deliverables
• Develop and implement communication plans and infrastructure to ensure relevant information is communicated appropriately across GMA, R&D, and external business partners
• Ensure that the Head of GMA has relevant information on R&D (product development programs and life-cycle management), Compliance, and Commercial initiatives
• Develop key messaging and presentations for the GMA Leadership
• Ensure alignment of messages, activities, and operations within the GMA organization and to key GMA leaders
Optimize business process across GMA and ensure consistent and compliant operational practices
• Improve the operational systems, practices, and policies in support of GMA's mission
• Support efficient management reporting, information flow, and organizational planning by driving process improvements across GMA
• Provides operational and communication support to the GMA Leadership to enhance goal clarification, engagement, and organizational efficiency
• Gather, analyze, synthesize, and leverage data from multiple systems to create effective management reporting and trend analysis
• Conduct peer reviews of pilot projects, identify best practices and improvement opportunities, and develop recommendations to implement improvements
• Liaise with Compliance to ensure alignment of GMA business processes and operational practices with relevant guidelines and policies
Lead GMA integration work streams to drive implementation of change management, operating models, and values in alignment with corporate culture
• Provide leadership and management of integration work streams for the efficient re-organization of GMA structures and processes
• Drive transformation across integrated GMA organization by instilling a high performing and results driven culture
• Ensure implementation of change management and operating model programs within GMA are aligned with R&D and Commercial Operating models
• Proactively track and provide regular integration work stream updates to GMA Leadership to ensure potential hurdles and barriers to implementation are communicated in a timely manner
Education & Experience Requirements:
• A Bachelors Degree in a related field (e.g. in Business Administration, Computer Science, Science or Engineering discipline). An advanced degree (e.g. MBA, Masters or PhD) is highly desirable.
• 10+ years of related work experience
• Biopharmaceutical industry is preferred
• People management experience is required
• Prior experience in project management in biotech or pharmaceutical industry or prominent consulting firm
• Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, operations, Medical Excellence, Commercial Excellence, Field Force Excellence, or related activities is required
• Experience in market research and analytics is desirable
• Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems is preferred
• Experience in Medical Affairs is preferred
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.