Provides leadership and direction through senior managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple regions or diverse job families or departments within a major region or business unit. Develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives. Decisions are guided by company and segment/functional strategy and objectives. Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas. Key Responsibilities
Qualifications: Key desired capabilities of the individual
- Provides strategic direction for the Business Management managers and teams for all customers within the Taiwan region. Primary interface between sales and Service Business Units.
- Responsible for achieving SSC financial targets (gross margin), book/bill commit and forecast.
- Formulates integrates, and drives SSC strategy for all accounts in the region.
- Responsible for achieving specific Market Share (%) goals.
- Understands customer road maps and HVPs and ensures product development priorities address HVPs.
- Positions cross-division products in line with customer/competitive landscape.
- Key contributor to red teams competitive analysis. Member of Large Order committee - aligns and approves large order multi-BU equipment sales packages.
- Primary point of contact for BU/Division GMs for customer status and strategy. Owns high level customer interaction.
- Final owner for product pricing. Influential in cross-BU, multi-product pricing strategies. Handles complex and/or high level negotiations.
- Presents business results to BU and Division management and complex technical presentations to customers.
- Manages and develops managers and high level programs for the Business Management organization. Defines and delivers AOP objectives.
- Accountable for the performance and results of multiple regions or diverse job families or departments within a major region or business unit.
- Develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives.
- Influences and negotiates at the top executive levels, with great latitude on outcomes; presents and defends complicated or delicate issues.
- Evaluates key business challenges; directs the development of new or innovative solutions.
- Guided by company strategy and business objectives, impacts results of segment/function.
- Leads a business unit, department or sub-function generally through multiple levels of managers of diverse activities; develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of own segment/function, business and commercial expertise to differentiate itself from the competition.
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices as well as the changing business environment.
- Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas.
- Decisions are guided by company and segment/functional strategy and objectives.
- Selling and marketing internationally; multi-cultural experience in negotiation.
- Experience in implement the sales cycle as a repeatable and scalable process.
- Able to influence leaders and managers throughout the organization to support the corporation's goals.
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Fluent in Mandarin
- 15 Years of Experience
- Travel: 40%
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.