About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Job Description The Head, Diversity and Inclusion is accountable to develop and implement integrated Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) strategies, tactics, and programs that position TD AMCB as the bank of choice for diverse communities and a diverse an inclusive workplace reflective of the communities we serve. This role works in close partnership with senior leaders and other diverse stakeholders, both internal and external to the organization as well as close collaboration on our enterprise wide diversity strategy. Job Requirements • Effective Communication - Exemplifies strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrates flexibility in terms of adapting
their communication style to better meet the needs of the individual or group they are communicating.
• Motivating teams - Understands the personal drivers of each team member and leverages them to increase engagement and overall performance.
• Goal Setting/Strategic Planning - Articulates clearly where they are going, why, and how they are going to get there so employees understand how their work aligns to the vision.
• Cooperation/Team Work - Encourages team work and cooperation amongst others to develop a high performing team with common vision and goals.
• Honesty/Integrity - Creates a positive and ethical work environment. Gains trust in order to effectively lead others.
• Rewards & Recognizes Others - Recognizes the efforts and accomplishments of team members, which increases employee commitment and enhances performance.
• Growth Mindset - Assesses the strengths and development opportunities of their team members and actively seeks feedback through various approaches so they continue to learn and grow throughout their career.
• Act as a strategic consultant and advocate to senior leaders on all D&I matters. As a subject matter expert, provide business and HR leadership with insight, expert advice, guidance, and intelligence on current diversity related issues and potential impacts to the organization. Provide guidance, operational and program support to the Diversity Leadership Team.
• Formulate AMCB diversity strategies and provide input to evolving enterprise diversity strategies and priorities, consistent with TDBGobjectives, and Human Resources strategies, and recognizing emerging trends in the workforce and workplace which will require new approaches e.g. in relation to millennials and the workplace of the future. Develop plans and oversee implementation and executionof strategy - including program definition, goals and metrics, monitoring of results vs. plan.
• Partner with other HR functions (including talent acquisition, talent management, learning and development, employee metrics, HR compliance, etc.) to develop and influence talent pipelines, processes, proposals, activities and education to support diversityobjectives and ensure that TD AMCB's people systems and processes are bias free and exemplify best practices in inclusion.
• Identify and execute strategies that build the capability of our managers and leaders to lead and coach across differences and drive inclusive culture and employee engagement across a diverse TD workforce.
• Develop and enhance grassroots organizational capabilities - provide expertise, information and advice to business units and Business Resource Groups on the range of diversity related issues - act as a focal point for diversity in the organization.
• Own and manage the design and execution of D&I projects for quality/on time/on budget delivery.
• Continuously monitor representation, talent flows, and employee experience to identify gaps and opportunities and work with businessleaders and HR professionals to evolve strategies accordingly and execute appropriate action plans to accelerate progress.
• Develop and maintain key industry associations, internal and external relationships, ensuring a high, positive public profile for TDBG.
• Keep abreast of emerging issues, trends, and evolving regulatory requirements and assess potential impacts to the bank. Identify,
mitigate and report on risk issues per enterprise policy / guidelines and ensure appropriate escalation processes are followed.
• Participate as an active member of the Talent and OD leadership team and provide strong thought leadership and guidance to a team of professionals / specialists in the creation of strategies, tactics and programs, measurement, reporting and action planning aligned with overall Diversity strategic direction and objectives. Qualifications • 4 year degree required
• In depth knowledge in the area of Diversity and Inclusion with 5+ years direct experience in the field required
• Relevant HR certification would be an asset
• Professional experience in HR, communications, marketing or change management would also be an asset
• Experience leading a function in a matrixed organization with multiple lines of business
• Experience advancing the long-term agenda, while executing on short-term plans and initiatives
• Experience in the effective execution of change management strategies and processes in a complex, multi-faceted business
• Excellent advisor with strong business acumen and judgment. Known to partner with the business, and understand the role that
Diversity plays in the delivery of business goals
• Consulting skills to assess, diagnose and recommend diversity and inclusion solutions that are effective and relevant to the business
• Strategic thinker. Able to create a compelling vision, and translate strategy and business requirements into clear, actionable goals,
motivate team performance and achieve results
• Able to build relationships and interact effectively with all levels of management, associates and diverse communities both inside and
outside the organization. Able to understand and adapt to different perspectives
• Strong collaboration skills and partnering with business units and throughout the HR community
• Strong program management, project management and process management expertise
• Strong ability to attract, inspire and bring out the best in team members through a demonstrated passion for the business and
willingness to recognize and reward the contributions of others
• Sound judgment, discretion, and unwavering integrity in relation to employee information and talent processes
• Excellent and influential communication, facilitation and presentation skills Travel % Up to 30% Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at email@example.com. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New Jersey City (Primary) Mount Laurel
A little about us:
TD Bank is creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people, cultures and languages of the communities we serve.