Position: Financial Officer of Business Systems Analysis and Quality Management
Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a global provider of life insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management with operations in nearly 50 countries and leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. With 2015 total Operating Revenues of ~$70 billion, MetLife is ranked #39 on the Fortune 500 list and #50 on the Forbes Global 2000 list of the world’s largest public companies. Globally, the company has ~69,000 employees serving approximately 100 million customers, individuals and businesses, including 90 of the FORTUNE 100®. MetLife is also one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with a $508.2 billion general account portfolio at December 31, 2015. In 2015, FORTUNE Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Company survey named MetLife #1 in the Life and Health Insurance industry.
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. The new company, Brighthouse Financial, will be a major U.S. life insurance and annuity company, with $240 billion of total assets and approximately 2.6 million insurance policies and annuity contracts in-force as of June 30, 2016. Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
The Brighthouse Financial Officer of Business Systems Analysis and Quality Management will be a key role within the Technology organization, centrally managing business and systems analysis for all functions / solutions and ensuring quality delivery of our solutions in our end-to-end environment. This position requires a strong process-oriented leader who can effectively and efficiently build and oversee a team to manage the requirements and quality delivery of ~100 future-state solution stand-ups and all up-stream and down-stream change management; as we transition from our MetLife technology environment with ~500 applications. This leader is responsible for building deep subject matter expertise within our Business Systems Analysis (BSA) team for our future-state solutions and business processes they support. The process discipline and knowledge-base of the BSA team will then be leveraged to enable an effective and efficient heavily-sourced Quality Management Office.
- Leads centralized Business Systems Analysis and Quality Management Organization to support the Brighthouse Financial Technology Organization across technology portfolio. The portfolio includes annual technology priorities with $200m spend, future-state technology stand-up with one-time spend of over $300m, and execution of 150+ initiatives which will result in the successful exit from 100+ MetLife Technology Transition Service Agreements (TSAs) that cover ~500 applications.
- Builds and directs Business Systems Analysis team(s) to support technology initiatives for all solutions across all functions including: Distribution, Marketing, Communications, Product Development and Administration, Human Resources, Finance (e.g., Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Actuarial, Treasury and Tax), Procurement, Investments, Legal, Compliance, Risk Management and Technology. Develops team to ensure strong business and systems acumen / subject matter expertise. Establishes processes and controls for documenting and updating functional and non-functional requirements efficiently in an Agile environment. Ensures requirements traceability and coordination of testing for quality delivery.
- Oversees centralized Quality Management Office which sets testing strategy, goals and plans; executes test activities and ensures measurement /performance metrics across the full technology portfolio. Manages Testing Delivery across all stages which include: Requirements and Design; Unit, Integration, End-to-End, Performance, User Acceptance and Staging Testing. Directs Test Management across all dimensions which include: Strategy & Planning; Risk Management; Test Architecture; Testing Governance, Process and Frameworks; Regression Testing and Testing Automation; Performance Validation; Test Environment Management and Test Data Management. Runs Testing Operations for effective Release Management, Change Management and Coordination, Governance and Reporting, Knowledge Management and Testing Tool and Technology enablement. Manages test execution vendor partner to ensure efficient and effective testing and quality delivery.
- Participates in technology strategy development (driven by business strategy) as an officer in the Technology organization. Develops and presents recommendations to senior leaders; translating complex information and analyses to all levels, including C-suite executives. Partners with senior leaders across the Enterprise to ensure that technology solutions support their business strategies, plans / objectives and optimized processes.
- Champions & influences stakeholders’ commitment to business and systems requirements, quality management and technology change management framework (inclusive of new procedures, processes, tools and / or methodologies utilizing various communication channels). Establishes and institutionalizes processes and tools to ensure requirements and test cases are consistently documented and are re-usable; providing traceability of requirements through quality delivery. Facilitates alignment across projects and functional units.
- Collaborates with the leader of Brighthouse’s Agile transformation to ensure that the processes, roles, metrics and frameworks established for quality delivery are consistent with Brighthouse’s commitment to root its delivery in Agile. This collaboration will require that processes and roles that might typically reside in separate, “silo’ed” organizations in a waterfall delivery environment become merged within Agile delivery teams. There must also be recognition that typical artifacts, such as business requirements documents, may take on a different form in an Agile environment. Our quality management and testing efforts should also reflect that shift.
• Bachelor’s degree and related field experience required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 10-20+ years of experience in IT / Business with a focus managing large and complex systems and infrastructure implementation; with sound business acumen in the insurance industry. Demonstrated expertise in Business and Systems Analysis, Quality Assurance / Quality Control and Change Management.
- Accomplished, process-oriented change management leader, able to operate effectively in highly matrixed environment with competing priorities. Able to achieve results through stewardship, influence, motivation and change leadership.
- Proven track record implementing large-scale cross-functional technology solutions with aggressive timelines and budgets, ensuring full scope and high-quality delivery.
- Ability to champion change, inspire a shared vision and promote key values. Motivates teams and creates a collaborative and agile workplace while delivering in a demanding environment.
- Strong leader with extensive business acumen and demonstrated sound business judgement. Able to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of peers and other senior leaders. Develops talent for the future.
- Relationship management and negotiation expert. Analytic and strategic thinker capable of influencing and partnering with senior leaders (C-suite) to take strategic direction and transform it into structured, practical, efficient and effective business processes and supporting platforms.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 55902