GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Global Research, we're redefining what's possible. From cutting-edge research in molecular pathology for use in personalized cancer diagnostics to programs in coal gasification and renewable power that drive clean energy solutions, our work at Global Research is world-renowned. As part of our team, you'll find yourself among nearly 3,000 scientists and engineers from every discipline in a dynamic atmosphere where you'll be constantly challenged to learn and grow. You'll have access to leaders on all levels of the organization and collaborate across the globe with the very best in the field. If you have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to articulate your vision, then join us and watch the work you do create the next generation of products and processes that will impact the globe for generations to come.
At GE Global Research we redefine what's possible, finding answers to some of the world's toughest problems. Find out more athttp://www.ge.com/researchorhttp://twitter.com/geresearchjobs, and connect with our technologists athttp://twitter.com/GEresearch
There is always an exciting new challenge on the horizon at GE Global Research because "what we imagine, we can make happen."
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Health and Safety Specialist
Environmental Health & Safety
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Health & Safety Specialist role will provide operational leadership and ensure compliant implementation of specific elements of industrial hygiene, ergonomics, injury and illness, and combustible dust programs for the GE Global Research Niskayuna site.
You will apply your EH&S knowledge and expertise to solve problems and share best practices.
The Health and Safety Specialist will be responsible for:
* Conducting qualitative and quantitative (air, surface, noise) IH risk assessment of chemical, physical or biological hazards for new or modified process and equipment
* Assessing and mitigating ergonomic risks in laboratory and manufacturing operations
* Coordinating and conducting near miss, employee concerns and injury and illness investigations and drive closure of effective corrective/preventive actions
* Evaluating compliance of combustible dust, asbestos, respiratory protection, and hearing conservation to regulatory and internal H&S management system requirements
* Assessing program trends and performance, provide routine feedback to manager, and drive actions to improve performance
* Supporting development of written Safety Risk Assessments (JSA), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and other documentation to provide clear instructions for EHS compliance
* Participating in VPP events and initiatives
* Bachelor's Degree in industrial hygiene or a related science or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university
* Minimum 5 years professional level experience in interpreting and applying state and federal OSHA regulations as well as other regulatory standards (i.e. ANSI, NIOSH, NFPA, NEC) in a manufacturing or R&D environment
* Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
* Must be 18 years or older
* You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Master's Degree in Industrial Hygiene, or related science and engineering discipline from an accredited college or university
* Certified Industrial Hygienist or equivalent certifications preferred
* Experience in semiconductor or clean room health and safety program implementation
* Demonstrated program execution skills with ability to prioritize and balance multiple ongoing tasks on tight time schedules
* Strong written and program documentation skills with the ability to be a self-starter that works well in a team environment
* Ability to influence and interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside GE (regulatory agencies)
* Knowledge of OSHA Injury and Illness Record keeping and worker compensation requirements
* Familiarity with OSHA VPP requirements and compliance auditing skills
* Knowledge and experience using the GE Gensuite EHS tool
* Six Sigma Greenbelt certified (GE employees only)
* Familiarity with GE Gensuite EHS applications (GE employees only)
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.