About The Coca-Cola Company
Everyone knows Coca-Cola. It's the best-known product in the world. We've been making it since 1886 and it still tastes the same.
As a business, The Coca-Cola Company is constantly evolving - we develop new products, acquire great brands and pioneer new ways of doing things. We sell four of the world's top five non-alcoholic sparkling drinks (Coke, Coke light, Sprite and Fanta) and 3,600+ products in over 200 countries, including water, juices, energy drinks, and even tea and coffee. Altogether, that adds up to more than 1.9 billion drinks around the globe every day. Global Business Services (GBS)
GBS is The Coca-Cola Company's multi-functional internal shared-services organization providing a wide range of transactional services across all Coca-Cola business units within functional areas such as: Finance and Procurement Operations, Human Resources Operations, Workplace Strategy and Operations, Controls and Compliance, Change Practice, Operational Excellence, Data Governance, User Experience and Content, and Creative Business Solutions. Our GBS main locations are Warsaw (Poland), Drogheda (Ireland), Buenos Aires (Argentina), San José (Costa Rica), Manila (Philippines), and Atlanta (Georgia, USA). We offer our associates:
- The Coca-Cola Company's extraordinary heritage, our leading brands and the global scale of what we do.
- The challenge of meaningful work - our unique global system offers constant opportunities to develop world-class skills and a truly international career.
- A unique culture where people do what they love and live their values.
- The kind of competitive compensation you would expect from a world leader.
At The Coca-Cola Company, our people
have their own formula for turning passion into action. Together, that's how we push the world's greatest brands to new heights. What's your secret formula? Health & Welfare Manager Atlanta, GA Position Overview
This is an operations manager position for Health & Welfare Benefit plans including (but not limited to) HSA, HRA, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, Disability, HCRA, DCRA, and EAP.This role is responsible for developing and deploying operational best practices for benefit plans and programs while ensuring that benefit plans are administered accurately and efficiently. Responsible for researching and responding to inquiries and escalations from employees, vendors, legal, audit, the HR and Finance function, and management.
Works closely with internal partners and vendors to ensure timely and accurate benefits processing (eligibility, payments, data valuations, etc.). Reports and monitors metrics and service level agreements. Implements regulatory changes.
Provides subject matter expertise and input on plan designs to ensure benefit plans are well designed (competitive, compliant, cost effective, operationally efficient, customer friendly) and meets strategic business objectives.
Leads and assists in defining cross functional issues and scope of assigned projects, and recommends approach and methodology for implementation. May serve as project manager and/or subject matter expert during the execution phase.
Benefit plans and programs includes all health and welfare plans, and are structured as tax qualified and nonqualified, ERISA and non-ERISA, bargained and non-bargained, and cover US eligible domestic employees, Canadian eligible employees, international service associates, and certain former employees/beneficiaries.
This role serves as project lead on large projects that affect Health & Welfare plans that cover US and Canadian employees. Key Responsibilities:
- Operational management/CoE liaison: Timely and accurate review and approval of more complex escalations and ERISA claims and appeal responses. Partners with the CoE regularly to stay aligned on initiatives and operating model.
- Benefits Administration Subject Matter Expertise: Provides accurate detailed, constructive impact analysis, analytics, and administrative/customer service feasibility of proposed plan and legislative changes through in-depth research and knowledge. Provides recommendations for plan changes. Ensures compliance with timely legal notices in accordance with government requirements and ensures their proper distribution. Ensures regulatory calendar is maintained and compliance with all Benefits controls is intact. This includes all in scope U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada plans. Supports financial reports and schedules, non-discrimination testing, and internal and external audits.
- Project Management: Develops and executes implementation strategies for plan changes and other benefits initiatives involving multiple customers and vendors through use of strong project management disciplines.
- Communications: Develops and/or provides administrative input on group communications and training materials using depth of experience and proven proficiency in technical Benefits subject matter. Develops special benefits communications for sensitive employee situations. Ensures communication channels (web sites, employee service centers, HR) are kept up-to-date of changes in benefit plans and programs, processes, and tools.
- Ensures baseline materials produced by vendors meet Customer Service Excellence standards. Educates internal stakeholders on benefits plans and programs, practices, processes, and tools to ensure continual knowledge transfer, enhanced organizational capability, people development, and consistent service delivery.
- Vendor Management: Serves as internal client relationship manager between the Company and third-party service providers. Manages budget and approves Statements of Work (SOW) per Chart of Authority. Provides administrative business input during contract negotiations.
- Team Management: Manages the operations team in a Shared Services environment. Provides coaching and development/career planning for Health & Welfare administration team. Leads the operations team through metrics and dash-boarding and customer service/operational excellence routines.
Bachelors Degree required Related Experience:
10+ years in a Health & Welfare Benefits Operations Management role, specifically managing Benefits SMEs;
OE Certification; Customer Service Excellence; Project Management Certifications preferred Cultural Diversity:
Interacts regularly with Costa Rica and other global partners in the Benefits network Travel Requirements:
approximately 5% domestic travel (may include Canada and Puerto Rico) and travel to Costa Rica as determined by business plan needs Core Competencies:
- Drives Innovation
- Demonstrate constructive discontent; Question when things can be done better and identify improvement areas
- Take appropriate risks and learn from mistakes
- Rapidly implement and commercialize approved ideas
- Propose opportunities for improvement; influence stakeholders to drive execution
- Apply best practices and learning from other parts of the System
- Collaborate with the System, Customers and Key Stakeholders
- Gain agreement from others to support ideas or take action using fact-based recommendations
- Establish and work to continually improve productive, long-term relationships
- Take action based on knowledge of effective business practices, ensuring internal/external customer needs are met or exceeded
- Consider how work impacts others and act accordingly
- Act Like an Owner
- Focus on highest priority actions first; adjust priorities when appropriate to achieve results
- Accomplish objectives; ensure completion of work
- Take action in daily work to positively impact people, communities and the environment
- Use Company resources responsibly
- Inspire Others
- Express passion for the System, our brands, business and people; be a brand ambassador
- Align actions and decisions with company vision and strategies
- Persist in achieving goals in spite of barriers or obstacles through personal commitment to work
- Be engaged in work and invest time, passion and best efforts to accomplish goals
- Respect others and be honest and open in order
to build credibility and trust
- Develop Self and Others
- Respect and leverage individual differences
- Help others learn and grow by providing feedback and mentoring
- Promote the organization to prospective employees and refer great talent to our System
- Ask for and act on feedback from others; Continuously develop through learning from others and sharing knowledge and experience
- Make choices to help balance work and life, in pursuit of bringing personal energy to work, creating overall well-being
-Benefits Administration: This includes knowledge plan rules, funding, valuation, and enrollments/administration of Health & Welfare plans and programs.
-Benefits Financial Principles: Understanding financial aspects of benefit plans and programs, specifically actuarial, underwriting and/or benefits accounting.
-Compliance: Knowledge of regulatory laws that affect benefit plans. This includes knowledge of ERISA, FLSA, and Health & Welfare plans to ensure consistency of application and legal compliance.
-Financial Analysis: Ability to identify trends and variances from the review of financial information.
-Data Analysis: Knowledge of data analysis methods, which includes the ability to analyze, interpret and report on data findings to leadership
-Customer Focus: Demonstrates customer service excellence in all written/verbal customer facing communications
-Benefit Plan Reporting: Ability to prepare participant and financial reports for health and welfare plans.
Software: SAP, Vendor transmissions/Interfaces, Microsoft Office, Visio, Power Point, and MS Project
- People Management Sills: Proven team management capability
That sounds appealing? Then start now - TASTE THE FEELING .
- DRIVE INNOVATION : Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS : Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER : Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS : Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS : Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
Please submit your application (CV and Cover Letter) in English.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.