The Digital Compliance Manager will be responsible for ensuring that product development, commercialization and maintenance of digital health solutions operate according to Johnson & Johnson standards, regulatory requirements and customer commitments. This role will report to the Director of Quality and Regulatory Compliance and will support Product, Marketing, Operations, Science, and Commercial teams.
- Shape the delivery framework and software development methodology to encompass the voice of all compliance stakeholders (Regulatory Affairs, Privacy, Security, Healthcare Compliance, Legal, Medical)
- Collect input and represent all areas of compliance in establishing product requirements to assure participant safety, privacy and security according to Johnson & Johnson standards, regulatory requirements and customer expectations
- Provide compliance oversight and approve product deliverables intended to address participant safety, privacy and security, including compliance analyses, design and development plans, validation and verification documentation, risk analyses and design reviews.
- Train the organization and partners on product compliance processes
- Monitor on-going operations supporting digital solutions in market to assess the strength of controls for security, privacy and potential safety concerns to participants.
- Maintain the procedures and work instructions to satisfy regulatory requirements for participant privacy and safety.
- Define compliance requirements for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning.
- Oversee data retention, transfer, de-identification and disposal.
- Coordinate auditing and monitoring, including periodic, internal security audits and routine scanning.
- Develop and oversee follow-up monitoring plans.
- Gather and assess global regulatory changes with respect to digital health technologies and communicating changes and impact to all stakeholders.
- Inform product development and commercialization strategies on global regulatory changes.
- Form an overall strategy for evidence to support regulatory requirements for digital health solutions.
- Establish product change control processes with appropriate approval commensurate with the level of risk and classification of the solutions.
- Document inputs and outputs of the change control process and maintain change control and product history records.
- Oversee change control related to data, network and infrastructure to ensure security is maintained.
- Train the organization of change control processes and monitor adherence
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably, in healthcare, science, engineering, computer science or other technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience working with digital healthcare products
- Experience working with regulatory and compliance functions within medical device / pharmaceutical industries strongly preferred.
- Understanding of medical device / pharmaceutical regulations for software from U.S. and OUS authorities required.
- Exposure to current practices for software as medical devices required, including risk analyses, verification and validation, design reviews
- Experience with software development practices required.
- General understanding of cybersecurity standards and security compliance required.
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills; self-starter and solution-oriented individual that can act independently and run a team
- Ability to make risk-based decisions.
- Ability to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to senior management effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, or Capability Maturity Model experience preferred
- Experience working with IT security and/or risk management organizations preferred
- Experience with SAAS, SOA, API platforms is preferred
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
J&JHlth&WellSolutions,Inc (6173)Job Function
Product ManagementRequisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.