Johnson & Johnson Health Care Compliance & Privacy (“J&J HCC&P”) is recruiting for a Director to serve as a Health Care Compliance (HCC) Officer for Johnson & Johnson company(s) within the Consumer Medical Devices Sector. The company(s) have a global footprint however this position will be based near Jacksonville, FL with the ability to travel to assigned J&J Companies both domestic and internationally.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
The Director - HCCO Officer leads and drives the Health Care Compliance program to ensure business practices and activities are in compliance with J&J internal guidelines, regulations and legislative requirements by providing oversight, direction, guidance, and support to the business and senior management. They serve as a strategic business partner who provides policy interpretation as it relates to activities with health care compliance risks.
The Director - HCCO Officer will:
• Provide leadership, guidance, and support to all levels of divisional business functions on highly complex ethics and compliance issues, including policy interpretation, compliance risk assessment, trend analysis and best practice recommendations. Resolve highly complex compliance matters that have significant and possibly material impact to assigned Johnson & Johnson companies.
• Provide guidance and oversight to ensure integration of appropriate HCC policy into the development of strategic and tactical plans, forecasts, call plans and incentive compensation plan, as well as oversight relating to the execution of those plans. This includes oversight and/or review and approval of programs and processes
• Provide HCC direction, guidance, support, and oversight for day-to-day business activities.
• Direct and conduct periodic reviews and updates to policies, ensuring clarity, applicability and alignment with higher level policies and external requirements, with minimal supervision.
• Advise Senior Management at the Company(s)and periodically Sector VP of HCC of potential compliance risk areas and recommends and implements appropriate action plans.
• Coordinate support and resources with the HCC Global Operations Group ("GLOPS") to ensure ongoing effectiveness of the HCC program; to include the creation and implementation of appropriate HCC Training, Testing & Monitoring, and Tracking/Database Management.
• Implement internal controls so that they are capable of preventing and detecting significant issues or patterns of fraud and abuse.
• Support HCC investigations in concert with the Sector Investigations Lead and the J&J Law Department to ensure appropriate and consistent application of HCC related disciplinary action.
• The Director will participate on cross-functional and/or cross-company teams, provide oversight for Educational Grant committee and other compliance review functions, such as Contract and Pricing Committees and identified HCC task force’s.
• Leads Compliance Committee and provides input on handling violations. Reviews internal trends and implements corrective actions.
• Provides leadership and guidance on proposed commercial programs, identifies complex legal and regulatory issues, analyzes alternatives and works with the Legal Department, as appropriate, to propose solutions to the business.
• Possesses in-depth knowledge of businesses and knowledge of the broader business impact.
• Leads highly complex cross-functional teams.
• Ability to mentor, coach and develop direct reports and others on the team.
• Plays a key role in selecting, recruiting, and developing team members.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s Degree or other advanced degree is preferred.
• A minimum of ten (10) years of practical business experience is required.
• A minimum of three plus (3+) years of demonstrated experience and leadership in Health Care Compliance (HCC), Government Contracting Compliance (GCC), Privacy Compliance or a related compliance field is required.
• A proven track record of sustaining compliance in complex organizations is required.
• Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of a compliance surveillance program in accordance with the organization's risk profile is required.
• Ability to apply HCC Fraud & Abuse Laws (such as Anti Kick Back Statue (AKA), False Claims Act (FCA) & Foreign Corrupt Policies Act (FCPA) is required.
• Ability to apply financial/auditing practices (T&M) & company(s) policies is required.
• Ability to apply FDA Advertising & Promotional Regulatory Practices (including DTC) for medical devices or pharmaceutical products or related business function is preferred.
• Ability to apply practical principles to stakeholders in the Sales, Marketing & Scientific Affairs Sectors is preferred.
• Practical experience working with external Trade Associations is preferred.
• Experience creating and implementing policy is preferred.
• Experience with development of appropriate compliance systems and support of compliance systems infrastructure is preferred.
• Experience with overseeing the development and presentation of appropriate employee education and training programs, including formal training and periodic education-related communications, is preferred.
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills are required.
• Prior experience in a Supervisory capacity is preferred.
• Ability to travel up to 20% domestic travel. Some International travel may be required depending on business needs.
Johnson & Johnson International (6078)Job Function
Health Care ComplianceRequisition ID
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.