Health, Safety and Environmental Analyst
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Cummins delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Avondale, AZ for a Health, Safety and Environmental Analyst.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Coordinates health, safety, and environmental activities for a facility.
- Serves as a contact for facility health, safety, and environmental issues.
- Helps to develop and implement safety, health, environmental and emergency preparedness programs and training.
- Conducts occupational safety and environmental audits with facility Health, Safety and Environmental Management Team.
- Coordinates projects related to facility health, safety and environmental needs.
- Serves as the co-chair for facility Safety, Health and Wellness Committees.
- Maintains health, safety, environmental and emergency preparedness benchmark program.
- May assist with facility emergency preparedness for Emergency Response Medical Teams.
- Initiates, develops, leads, and participates in improvement processes; actively participates in self- and team audits and resulting process improvements.
- Develops and conducts training programs.
- Counsels, mentors, and coaches less experienced team members.
- Understands the structure of the organization and maintains a strong network across departments; draws on network to answer questions, solve problems, and successfully execute responsibilities.
- Demonstrates confidentiality in execution of all responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as required, to get the job done.
- Travel as required by the work.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Analyze Issues - Gathers relevant information systematically; considers a broad range of issues or factors; grasps complexities and perceives relationships among problems or issues; seeks input from others; uses accurate logic in analyses.
- Environmental Systems Management - The development and implementation of an (ISO 14001) environmental management system (EMS) promoting the continual improvement of environmental performance. The EMS should support the deployment and implementation of internal policies and procedures, the achievement of environmental objectives (site, business unit and corporate), and the minimization of our environmental impacts. The EMS ensures that we meet customer requirements related to environmental management. The functional ability to operate within the Information Technology System is integral to an effective EMS. The EMS should be structured in a manner that will facilitate the integration of a safety management system.
- Incident Investigation - The method of reporting the occurrence of an occupational injury/illness, near hit, or property damage. Incident investigations determine how and why these failures occur. Employees should be able to perform a thorough, effective incident investigation including root cause analysis, 5-why analysis and development of effective corrective actions.
- Health and Safety Management Systems - An Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) management system provides a framework for managing OHS responsibilities so they become more efficient and more integrated into overall business operations. OHS management systems are based on standards that specify a process of achieving continuously improved OHS performance and compliance with legislation.
- Health & Safety Professional Knowledge (Inlcuding Regulatory Compliance) - Health & Safety Professional Knowledge relates to having comprehensive knowledge of occupational safety and health compliance. Regulatory compliance deals with the regulatory requirements imposed on industry by local, state, provincial, national, and international organizations. Detailed understanding of how the provisions of the regulations, as applicable may be implemented in the workplace, rights and responsibilities under the various acts/ regulations/ rules, the appeals process, record keeping (OSHA), and Voluntary Protection Programs (OSHA). Understanding of general industry standards and the requirements of the more frequently referenced standards.
- Environmental Auditing - Environmental auditing is the process of evaluating conformance/compliance with established regulatory, ISO 14001, and internal requirements. The effectiveness of an internal audit program is almost entirely dependent upon the skills, training, and experience of the Audit Team Leader and Audit Team members. Auditors should be functionally aware of all areas of environmental management and possess an expert level understanding of the criteria to which they are auditing. Where applicable, the audit program should be structured in a manner that will facilitate the integration of safety management system audits.
Prior experience with OSHA and other regulatory bodies, documents and systems preferred.
Ability to perform daily activities in the office, service shops and in the field while working safely and leading safety by example
Strong Core values and abilities to create consistent Safety and Customer satisfaction results
Promoter of World Class Safety and Customer Service Satisfaction through operations led safety models (PULL)
Promoter of change management through strong investigation and problem solving skills
Great listening and observation skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
Capable of creating and delivering presentations and training, classroom and/or hands-on
Capable of consistently managing databases for systems like ISO 14001 and OSHA 18001
Capable to create and manage a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the customers
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications:
HSE and analytical industry knowledge preferred.
Four year experience/education accomplished through one of the following: Bachelors degree, associates degree and at least two years of relevant experience, or at least four years of relevant experience preferred.
Prior Health, Safety and Environmental Experience preferred.
Safety related experience is an absolute requirement.
Compensation and Benefits:
Base Salary commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins