This position contributes to the success of the Pepsi Beverages Company by ensuring regulatory compliance (OSHA, EPA, and DOT), accident prevention and after injury management. This position reports to the Market HSE Manager and will work to support the implementation of the NAB HSE Management System across Roanoke and Newport News, Virginia Market. The ideal candidate should have knowledge in employee and motor vehicle safety as well as have DOT, OSHA, and EPA compliance experience.
Responsible for supporting the daily Health, Safety, and Environmental operations, throughout the Roanoke and Newport News, Virginia Markets, by supporting the Location Management team with integration of Safety, Fleet and Driver Safety, Environmental, prevention, workers' compensation and regulatory compliance into everyday work life. The GTM HSE Associate Representative has responsibility to analyze accident data, develop and implement actionable safety solutions. The candidate is expected to provide collaborative, proactive, and creative problem solving ability to develop best-in-class HSE programs for the improvement of the overall HSE strategy at the appointed locations GTM (Go-to-Market). Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Ensure compliance with the Pepsi - North American Beverages HSE policies and procedures, and all federal, state, and local OSHA/EPA/DOT regulations (i.e. Lockout, Haz Com, Machine Safety, SARA, RCRA, DOT, etc.)
- Assist in the development and implementation of the HSE Action Plans for the Market Unit
- Achieve annual targets rates for Lost Time, Recordable, Severity, Collision, and Environmental
- Ensure compliance with applicable occupational safety and motor vehicle regulations
- Manage strategies to prevent workplace injuries, environmental incidents, and vehicle accidents
- Demonstrate solid employee relations experience, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Display strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrate professional maturity and ability to act as a change leader by influencing all levels of the organization to drive continuous improvement in safety performance
- Conduct HSE activities such as training/auditing/assessing to ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory agency requirements, Zero Zone Management System standards, and internal PepsiCo HSE procedures
- Perform risk assessments and assist in the implementation of effective physical and/ or behavioral control measures. Recognize and verify the effectiveness of in-place control measures
- Identify unsafe equipment operation and conditions while demonstrating knowledge of appropriate corrective action for unsafe conditions or equipment use
- Complete driver qualification work in First Advantage and First Lab (or like 3rd party DOT vendors)
- Understand and assist in the deployment of NAB's TEST DRIVE training program
- Exercise a leadership, coordination, and communication role with the location leadership to drive continuous HSE improvement across the location
- Assist with root cause analyses and develop corrective action plans to address root basic causes and management system weak-spots through the use of industry-recognized cause analysis techniques (5-Why, 8-D, etc.)
- Follow all applicable facility health, safety, and environmental requirements (e.g. PPE policy) and procedures for reporting incidents and/or injuries per the PepsiCo Employee Handbook, including having the authority to immediately address safety risks
- Support the continuous improvement GEHSMS programs and procedures though active leadership.
- Requires Bachelor's Degree. EHS focus preferred.
- Minimum of three plus years of experience in the safety & environmental field. Preferably in a sales/distribution environment
- Strong communication, follow-up and influence skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to execute against an established vision and strategic plan with ability to manage change.
- High level of urgency to provide World Class results.
- Technical understanding of OSHA, DOT and Environmental Standards.
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.