Want a job you can feel good about? Leading to better encompasses everything we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the world's leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building sustainable solutions for consumers or building benefits and opportunities for employees, the main thread of the Kerry fabric is #LeadingToBetter. With focus on a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about. Leading to better.
Through sensory science and technology, Kerry develops and manufactures food and beverage solutions for popular brands throughout the world. In fact, you've most likely experienced Kerry in the food or beverages you've consumed in the past few days! Leading to better, together.
Together, we shape how the world views food and beverage. Leading to better, together means we do this in a culture that nurtures agility, speed, quality and safety and we do this through:
- Celebrating curiosity that leads to action
- Empowering our people
- Promoting diverse thinking
- Investing in innovation
- Acting on sustainability
- Embracing our differences
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Description and Responsibilities
At Kerry, we hire recent graduates into real roles with real responsibilities from day one. This position reports to the HSE Manager and develops in all aspects of Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements for the assigned facility RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in plant efforts to engage the entire workforce to build a strong HSE culture.
- Maintain a presence on the plant floor to fully engage the employees, contractors, and vendors in HSE processes, expectations, and requirements.
- Work with site leadership to ensure compliance to relevant safety and environmental regulations.
- Assist in the completion of HSE objectives for the site.
- Maintain, enhance, and monitor site HSE programs.
- Conduct incident investigations and provide recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
- Engage with the Emergency Response Teams and organize specific training.
- Engage with Safety Committees and organize team meetings.
- Conduct safety and environmental risk assessments and inspections.
- Participate in Management of Change and Pre-Start Safety Reviews.
- Participate in and help drive the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
- Maintain HSE records for inspection during external and internal audits.
- Carry out industrial hygiene testing and monitoring.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science, or related technical field.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a history of academic excellence, manifested by high grade point average and/or faculty recommendation.
- Effective leadership and coaching skills with a record of success motivating others.
- Dynamic personality with ability and willingness to promote appropriate change and improvement.
- Ability and willingness to grow and develop beyond current position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to build strong interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Inquisitive nature that enjoys problem-solving and identifying business improvements.
- Computer, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility to work any shift and weekends as needed
All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply. All individuals will be required to be mobile and work at more than one Kerry site within the USA. Employees must have reliable means of transportation to and from work.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Where it All Comes Together - for our Customers and our Employees
Kerry develops, manufactures, and delivers technology-based ingredients, flavors, and integrated solutions for the food, beverage, and pharmaceutical industry. With revenue exceeding $7.5 billion annually, and more than 15,000 products supplied to customers in 140 countries, Kerry is the global leader in food ingredients and flavors. Our customers include the world's biggest and best-known food and beverage manufacturers, retailers, and restaurants - as well as small companies and restaurants with very big dreams - which means every day, millions of people worldwide consume food or beverages containing Kerry ingredients. Our success comes from our unique and unrivaled capability to combine technical expertise with innovative solutions, making Kerry where it all comes together for our customers.
Smart, creative, and determined people have helped Kerry double in size every five years since our 1972 founding, and we know that building a global talent pipeline is a key element in our continued growth. Many Kerry senior leaders, including our CEO, joined Kerry as graduates. As a result, they remain committed to development, early access to senior leaders, and real responsibility from day one.
We need more smart people who are nimble, adaptable, and ready to contribute. Are you ready for a fast-paced and exciting role where your career potential is virtually unlimited? If so, Kerry is where it all comes together for you.
**Position will be in a Plant Location- not in Beloit, WI**