The Health Services Advisor is responsible providing management and oversight of the US Pipelines & Logistics (USPL) Health Services Program to ensure it is compliant, efficient, cost effective, and aligns with company principles. As the Health Services Advisor, you will own programs and processes, work with the Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental (HSSE) team, and lead USPL to best in class health and safety performance.Key accountabilities
- Provide management and oversight of the USPL Health Services Program to ensure it is compliant, efficient, and cost effective.
- Manage and provide oversight of the Third Party Administrator (TPA) for the maintenance of the USPL Health Services Program.
- Manage and provide oversight of the Substance Abuse Program and Process maintained by the USPL TPA.
- Manage the USPL Occupational Case Management Program and Process.
- Manage and provide oversight of the Non-Occupational Case Management Program and Process delivered by the USPL TPA.
- Manage Health Programs, Processes and Practices to ensure they are consistently applied across USPL including the maintenance and access to up to date Medical Records in accordance with Corporate Policy, State and Federal Regulations and Medical retention Laws.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) including the interpretation or regulatory requirements for the determination and management of employee participation in the USPL Health Services Program, including medical surveillance and substance testing.
- Provide assurance in collaboration with the TPA with the vetting of the Occupational Vendor Clinic Directory/Network, Specialty Physicians, and Specialty Health Providers to ensure they are compliant and consistent with the USPL Health Policy; State, Federal and professional regulatory quality control requirements.
- Serve in the role of the USPL Designated Employee Representative (DER) and Drug and Alcohol Program Manager.
- Provide HSSE leadership and support to HSSE Staff and management in support of their responsibilities with emphasis on regulatory interpretation, health and safety process and policy, Third Party Administrator (ESIS and Affiliates) and TPA Relationships. Work with other members of the HSSE team to deliver HSSE strategies and improve HSSE performance more broadly.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Bachelor's Degree (BSN) or Registered Nurse with a Bachelors Degree in health administration.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- 8 years experience in Medical/Surgical and/or Occupational Health Nursing.
- Knowledge of and understanding of Medical Privacy Laws, including HIPPA requirements
- Medical case management experience, including both Non-Occupational and Occupational Case Management.
- Experience with OSHA Record Keeping
- Experience with DOT Substances Testing, including Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Pipeline Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA).
- Knowledge of Regulatory required Medical Surveillance, including DOT, OSHA and Hazmat.
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing
- Experience developing and implementing programs and policies.
- Experience creating and presenting health and wellness programs.
- Strong communication and training skills.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
Yes - Domestic (In country) onlyTravel required
Yes - up to 25%Is this a part time position?
US Pipelines and Logistics (USPL's) strategy is to create integrated logistics value for BP by maintaining high pipeline, terminal and transportation availability, storage flexibility for trading. It is a pipeline transportation company that owns and operates liquid pipelines and terminal facilities throughout the United States. Employing more than 1200 employees, USPL safely transports millions of barrels per day of oil, refined products, natural gas liquids, carbon dioxide and chemicals throughout the US. The Terminal facilities are light-oil terminals, most of which produce custom blends of gasoline. Additionally, USPL interacts with a number of BP segments including Upstream, Integrated Supply & Trading, and Downstream as well as third party shippers. USPL is also a partner in several joint ventures. In support of these interactions, we maintain a strong business relationship with internal and external customers.Segment
[ "06-Oct-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.