Responsible for regulatory compliance, development, implementation and monitoring of programs, policies and procedures, completion of reports and required filing, training, and auditing. Promote a safe and healthy work environment through continuous improvement of safety, health, and environmental systems that result in the reduction of accidents and illness and assured regulatory compliance.
• Maintain data sheets and coordinate activities which ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and company compliance as well as OSHA regulations.
• Manage programs such as injury/illness/incident reporting and investigation, job safety analysis/hazard identification and hazard assessment.
• Interact with production personnel when investigating accidents to root cause and provide plans for prevention.
• O versee Workers' Compensation, Occupational Safety, and related programs to the conformance of company and business objectives.
• Develop safety preparedness by conducting emergency response training drills, developing and conducting safety training.
• Oversee all aspects within the corporation revolving around safety initiatives
• Analyze and track injuries/incidents and create pareto analysis on corrective action steps to minimize injury risks within the company
• Maintain and coordinate all safety and environmental training of employees based on federal, state, local and company compliance.
• Act as liaison with local regulatory agencies for environmental programs and outside vendors in matters of contract compliance related to hazard materials and safety equipment.
• Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing data and trends, maintain plant statistics, and submit reports as required by federal/state/local regulatory agencies.
• Maintain and update all environmental compliance with air, water, and waste permits and ensure submission or reports on hazardous waste programs, storm water pollution, and prevention plans.
- Responsible for projects and tasks as assigned by the Plant Manager
- Support all internal and external audits, inspection activities, and inquiries.
- Four Year Degree in related field or Management
- Minimum 5-year experience in manufacturing Environment
- Minimum of 5-year experience in Health, Safety and Environmental Management
- Good communications and planning skills, proficient in MS Excel and Word
Computer Skills :
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, technical procedures,
- or governmental regulations. The ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of computer software; Outlook Internet software; Microsoft Programs, such as Excel Spreadsheets and Word Processing software. Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Work Environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.