Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Health Systems Medical Affairs Director (HSMAD) is a therapeutic and disease expert who develops on-going professional relationships with healthcare decision makers within defined managed markets organizations, integrated delivery systems, and progressive physician groups. The HSMAD provides accurate information across the full Merck product portfolio, clinical science, and quality management in a balanced and credible manner consistent with the regulatory environment and Merck's ethical standards. Serves as a resource for the USMA management team on strategic planning and provides mentoring for other team members.
This territory covers: Georgia, Alabama and Northern Florida
The ideal location to reside is Atlanta (within this territory).
Travel (30%) varies based on candidate's location within the geography. Qualifications:
- Required: MD, PharmD or PhD
- Experience in organized healthcare system allowing ability to develop peer-to-peer relationships with key decision makers.
- Thorough knowledge of clinical medicine, the managed market environment, pharmacoeconomics, disease management, and medical research
- Business and market knowledge, including quality management.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to network, strong personal integrity, collaborative mindset, and a strong customer focus are necessary.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPPA and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment, and have demonstrated project leadership abilities.
- Field-based medical experience
- Formal training in healtheconomincs or outcomes research
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement