Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications: Experience:
- Organizes, prepares and maintains patient medical records and files. Ensures that documents are properly labeled, posted and contain current information for billing purposes and medical record maintenance.
- Transcribes orders of physicians and nurses; keep nurses informed of any changes in orders relating to patient care; schedule tests, treatments and services required of ancillary departments. Provides receptionist type coverage for the area: handle routine patient calls, intercom pages, personal callers, route incoming mail and answer routine inquiries.
- Assists with admissions, transfers and discharges by coordinating, notifying and following-up with the appropriate personnel.
- Maintains or arranges for repair of equipment. Works with medical records in obtaining medical charts for patients.
- Assists with inventory needs, ordering, stocking, and distribution of supplies.
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- One (1) year clerical experience that involved some customer service responsibilities OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to work well with others and maintain a professional attitude when dealing with customers.
- Must be well organized, good in tracking details and skilled at problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally.
- Some computer skills.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom