Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working with numbers in a fast-paced environment? Jump-start your career in our patient account services department and apply today to be a Collections Specialist.
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon, a division of HCA, is an industry-leading provider of patient financial and revenue cycle services to acute care providers across the United States. We are dedicated to our values and passionate about finding future leaders for our fast-growing divisions in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Although we are the largest healthcare provider in the world and experts and leaders in revenue cycle services, we maintain a people-first culture and sense of community.
The Collector is responsible for performing account follow-up and resolution of insurance and patient receivables. Duties include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Work insurance pools and contact insurance companies to resolve claims that are not paid in a timely manner
- Review EOB's, remits and payer correspondence in the course of performing account followup and escalate any identified issues to the appropriate area for review and response to expedite claim resolution.
- Identify problem accounts and escalate as appropriate
- Maintain compliance with pool completion requirements
- Maintain required productivity and QA standards
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Interpersonal Skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required
- Policies and Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic Skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one year related experience required, preferably in healthcare. Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
At Parallon, every employee is a valued member of our organization. You can expect to receive competitive salary, ongoing professional development, comprehensive benefits package, performance bonuses and more!
Check us out or follow us on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/parallon-business-solutions
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom