GE Global Operations
Global Operations Supply Chain
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries and around the world. It's how we've sustained a 130-year record of innovation and reputation for leadership. It's how we solve the toughest challenges for our customers and society. Developing people allows us the build, power, move and cure. It prepares us all for the future. Today, that is as important as ever. Globalization and technology are converging with unprecedented speed to reshape every job, workplace and industry. Our commitment to developing people starts with a belief that education systems must align early and always with the changing requirements of the new economy. It continues with the understanding that employers and educational institutions must collaborate over skills development, enabling people to learn new, relevant skills and work smarter over the entire course of a career. And it creates global leaders, people who can navigate the complexity of our times with clarity, courage and integrity. Developing people is commitment that doesn't just make us better; it makes everyone better. Let GE invest in helping you grow both personally and professionally.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Healthcare Customs Business Leader
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Healthcare Customs Business Leader will be responsible for strategic alignment and single point of contact between Global Operations Customs and Healthcare business for Customs related matters. The position will ensure the activities of the Global Operations Customs Team are aligned to meet the business strategic needs.
This position will require a mix of Customs & GE business operations expertise and the ability to be a strong advocate for change. The successful candidate must be able to mobilize and organize a cross functional team aligning business operations globally driving two way communications & global process transparency. This position will report operationally to the Global Process Leader - Customs within Global Operations and functionally to the Energy Connections General Council & Chief Compliance Officer. Essential functions include:
• Engage with GE business to understand business strategy and global Customs impact. Own & lead alignment of the business strategy, goals and objectives or other strategic needs between Global Operations Customs and the GE Business.
• Own and drive two way communications, escalations between Global Operations and the Business Team, act as a single point of contact for the GE Business into Global Operations Customs. Ensure effective communications between all key business functional stakeholders;
• Ensure effective communication links between each Global Operations region and the local business sites as appropriate.
• Lead quarterly deep dive business executive and other ongoing reviews on a regular basis with the appropriate Business leadership teams ensuring proper stakeholder engagement;
• Act as the Business advocate to Global Ops and as the Global Ops advocate to the Business; provide Business specific expertise;
• Ensure global coverage and completeness of the business site landscape of importing and exporting activity;
• Coordinate the availability of resources to address business specific issue management and projects;
• Liaise between the Global Operations and appropriate business functional teams to identify and develop business specific procedures where necessary;
• Work with Business Leadership to support training for internal business functions;
• Support Business specific projects related to Delivery Model implementation and adherence;
• Lead or coordinate business-specific Customs process improvement initiatives;
• Support global integration activity for business sites; ensure effective two way communications between Global Operations and the business sites; and,
• Support global business facing audits as appropriate; ensure effective two way communications of results.
• 4 year College degree from an accredited university or In-country Professional Customs Certification/Accreditation or high school diploma or equivalent plus 7 years relevant experience
• 5 years of experience in Logistics, Supply Chain or Import/Export Operational processes
• Proven track record of program management in developing, implementing and managing process solutions to complex export-import related issues,
• Extensive knowledge of export regulations, foreign customs requirements, letters of credit, trade finance programs, free trade agreements and international logistics and shipping requirements
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• In country Professional Customs Certification or Accreditation
• Advanced degree from accredited university
• Prior management experience leading global teams
• Wing to wing expertise across customs processes
• Demonstrated Compliance mindset
• Demonstrated ability to use knowledge, experience and instinct to make accurate and timely decisions
• Demonstrated ability of working with all levels of internal and external organizations
• Demonstrated ability to implement simple, fast and non-bureaucratic process improvements
• Experience in working with global teams and demonstrates a global mindset
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Superior analytical and communications skills
• Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
• Proven ability to adapt to / drive change across a global team in a dynamic business environment
• Sound business judgment, self-confident and proactive
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.