Healthcare Segment Development Mgr (Medicaid Segment) (Job Number: 024749)
Corporate Office - 1417 Lake Cook Rd
1417 Lake Cook Rd
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for executing segment planning (problem -solving, fact base generation, work stream execution, drawing conclusions, drafting executive-ready presentations). Partners with account team to support account-level plan refinement. Responsible for internal preparation for major market access development efforts including the development of business development materials. Develops and executes defect-free analytics to support segment plan business development and other business for the segment. Monitors competitive insights for the team. Job Responsibilities
- Leads execution of planning for a Healthcare segment. Delivers assigned segment planning in Company planning cycle.
- Accountable for delivery of program planning for assigned segment that support meeting/exceeding plan revenue and profit targets.
- Ensures that major Account Plans developed by Account Team are aligned with assigned Healthcare segment priorities, provides support in selected areas.
- Responsible for development/ access initiatives in segment, including internal preparation, external engagement with clients, delivery (working with relevant account team, as applicable).
- Responsible for execution of segment strategies with pull through for all retail offerings to ensure maximum revenue growth for the Company.
- Partners with marketing pharmacy insights group to obtain customer-driven metrics to identify product and services that are both feasible and profitable for the Company. Provides business case to Segment leaders to support data-driven decisions on when/where to scale-up proof-of-concept differentiated customer products and services. Ensures data flow of research from several channels, including patients, payers, and healthcare providers.
- Provides business case to Segment leaders to support prioritization and selection of investment areas for new value propositions; Direct Segment Initiatives, Value Proposition, and/or Operation teams to ensure delivery. Ensures value proposition development aligns to strategy. Drives execution on products and services while utilizing common product/service platforms, where possible.
- Ensures delivery of targeted patient experience for designated segment across Company channels, balancing segment value potential and cost-to-serve. Evaluates the actual experience in each channel and provide input to channel leaders as needed to enhance the patient experience.
- Serves as subject matter expert proactively provides perspectives and ideas on current and emerging key issues affecting segment.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience in strategic planning, strategy consulting, financial analysis AND/OR third party pharmacy in pricing, sales, marketing or business development OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in strategic planning, strategy consulting, financial analysis AND/OR third party pharmacy in pricing, sales, marketing or business development.
- Experience contributing analytics or planning support to strategic business planning processes.
- Experience developing assigned parts of internal and external presentations.
- Experience executing and quality controlling analytics (for example: running an analysis for a specific question and returning defect-free answers).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
- At least 1 year of experience leading work streams or projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree/MBA
- At least 2 years of consulting experience as an analyst or above at a global management consulting firm.
- Experience scoping and completing analytics.
- Healthcare industry experience in any sector of the US market (e.g., pharma, payer, provider).
- Experience with advanced databases (for example: coding SAS, SQL, etc.).
- Experience with data visualization (for example: Tableau, PROS, etc.)
- Experience writing and or delivering presentations to senior leaders in an organization.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.